Old 03-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Stephen Harris

Default Firefox, sound, flash under CentOS 4.7

If I run firefox then everything is fine... until I hit a page with flash
and sound on it (youtube, some other stuff). Then it sems to lock the
sound device and no other programs (eg Pidgin) can make sounds.

In previous versions of firefox (firefox 2? Can't remember) I could
run it under esddsp and then firefox/Flash played nicely with others.
However now firefox just doesn't start up.

FWIW, I don't use Gnome or KDE as a window manager; that _shouldn't_
cause any impact.

Any ideas?

--

rgds
Stephen

Old 03-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Sean Kennedy

I don't use it as my desktop system anymore, but I recall having encountered this problem on 5.2 as well