Old 03-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default Replacing my Scalix mail server

I really need to either upgrade my Scalix server or replace it.

It has to be:

Free
Integrated with anti-spam
IPv6 support
optional anti-virus (processing concerns)

I don't have to be able to port mail from the Scalix to the new server.
Everyone can just POP their mail.

I have read a bit about Zimbra, it comes as a tar for rhel 5. No rpm
that I can find.

I also found SME, I have a LOT of questions about it, and am asking on
their forum board.

Anything else out there I should look for?

Old 03-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Tim Nelson

----- "Robert Moskowitz" <rgm@htt-consult.com> wrote:
> I really need to either upgrade my Scalix server or replace it.
>
> It has to be:
>
> Free
> Integrated with anti-spam
> IPv6 support
> optional anti-virus (processing concerns)
>
> I don't have to be able to port mail from the Scalix to the new
> server.
> Everyone can just POP their mail.
>

> I have read a bit about Zimbra, it comes as a tar for rhel 5. No rpm
> that I can find.
>

> I also found SME, I have a LOT of questions about it, and am asking on
>
> their forum board.
>

> Anything else out there I should look for?

Zimbra is fantastic and is easily installed on CentOS 5 by using the provided RHEL5 RPMs.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105