Old 03-13-2009, 11:49 PM
robert mena

Default Unable to use DRBD after a reboot

Hi,
I have two servers in a drbd primary/secondary setup. * Everything was fine until I had to reboot both servers.
The primary rebooted first, the secondary assumed fine, but when the (old primary) server got back online it was unable to mount the drbd fs complaining about the modules.

I've tried to find out the problem but the servers seem to have the same setup
rpm -qa | grep drbddrbd82-8.2.6-1.el5.centoskmod-drbd82-8.2.6-2

Kernel*2.6.18-92.1.22.el5 #1 SMP
Am I missing something?
thanks.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:21 AM
Agile Aspect

robert mena wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two servers in a drbd primary/secondary setup. Everything was
> fine until I had to reboot both servers.
>
> The primary rebooted first, the secondary assumed fine, but when the
> (old primary) server got back online it was unable to mount the drbd
> fs complaining about the modules.
>
> I've tried to find out the problem but the servers seem to have the
> same setup
>
> rpm -qa | grep drbd
> drbd82-8.2.6-1.el5.centos
> kmod-drbd82-8.2.6-2
>
> Kernel 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5 #1 SMP
>
> Am I missing something?

lsmod

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."

Old 03-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Fabian Arrotin

robert mena wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two servers in a drbd primary/secondary setup. Everything was
> fine until I had to reboot both servers.
>
> The primary rebooted first, the secondary assumed fine, but when the
> (old primary) server got back online it was unable to mount the drbd fs
> complaining about the modules.
>
> I've tried to find out the problem but the servers seem to have the same
> setup
>
> rpm -qa | grep drbd
> drbd82-8.2.6-1.el5.centos
> kmod-drbd82-8.2.6-2
>
> Kernel 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5 #1 SMP
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> thanks.

Is the drbd module loaded on the failing node ?
kmod-drbd82-8.2.6-2 contains the drbd.ko module (in
/lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.13.el5/extra/drbd82/drbd.ko)
When you update your kernel, a /sbin/weak-modules script is called to
symlink the extras kmods from previous kernels to all install kernels.
So that means that in your actual
/lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.22.el5/weak-updates/drbd82/ folder contains
symlinks to the original one.
It that the case ? have you manually deleted the old
/lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.13.el5/ directory ?

Fabian Arrotin
idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain`
test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init 6 in progress" || sh ./answer.sh

Old 03-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Akemi Yagi

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 1:42 AM, Fabian Arrotin
<fabian.arrotin@arrfab.net> wrote:
> robert mena wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have two servers in a drbd primary/secondary setup. * Everything was
>> fine until I had to reboot both servers.

>> rpm -qa | grep drbd
>> drbd82-8.2.6-1.el5.centos
>> kmod-drbd82-8.2.6-2
>>
>> Kernel 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5 #1 SMP

> Is the drbd module loaded on the failing node ?
> kmod-drbd82-8.2.6-2 contains the drbd.ko module (in
> /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.13.el5/extra/drbd82/drbd.ko)
> When you update your kernel, a /sbin/weak-modules script is called to
> symlink the extras kmods from previous kernels to all install kernels.
> So that means that in your actual
> /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.22.el5/weak-updates/drbd82/ folder contains
> symlinks to the original one.
> It that the case ? have you manually deleted the old
> /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.13.el5/ directory ?

To find that out, issue the command:

ls -l `find /lib/modules -name drbd.ko`

and make sure all symlinks are there (no red-flashing link).

Akemi