Old 03-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default running yum from userid

I added via visudo my userid for authorization of

me ALL(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

and I still cannot run yum as me. Is this just not possible?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Joshua Baker-LePain

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 at 4:57pm, Robert Moskowitz wrote

> I added via visudo my userid for authorization of
>
> me ALL(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
>
> and I still cannot run yum as me. Is this just not possible?

What happens when you run "sudo yum <commands>"?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin

Old 03-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Frank Cox

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:57:35 -0400
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> I added via visudo my userid for authorization of
> me ALL(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
> and I still cannot run yum as me. Is this just not possible?

What about joining the wheel group?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:57:35 -0400
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
> > I added via visudo my userid for authorization of
> > me ALL(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
> > and I still cannot run yum as me. Is this just not possible?
>
> What about joining the wheel group?

That also has to be at least commented out in sudoers. And the above line
looks okay to me.

Ralph_____________________________________________ __
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org

Old 03-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Filipe Brandenburger

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 16:57, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@htt-consult.com> wrote:
> I added via visudo my userid for authorization of
> me * ALL(ALL) * NOPASSWD: ALL

Aren't you missing an "=" in that line? I think it should be:

me ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

I wonder how you got passed through visudo though. I tried it without
the "=" and it said I had a syntax error in that line.

HTH,
Filipe

Old 03-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Robert Moskowitz

Filipe Brandenburger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 16:57, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@htt-consult.com> wrote:
>
>> I added via visudo my userid for authorization of
>> me ALL(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
>>

> Aren't you missing an "=" in that line? I think it should be:
>
> me ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
>
> I wonder how you got passed through visudo though. I tried it without
> the "=" and it said I had a syntax error in that line.
Typo on my part. I am doing this on another system...