Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/)
-   -   jboss application server rpm (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/262840-jboss-application-server-rpm.html)

Rainer Duffner 03-13-2009 06:36 PM

jboss application server rpm
 
Am 13.03.2009 um 20:29 schrieb Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been trying to locate a jboss application server rpm for CentOS
> 5,
> but I haven't found any. I thought it would be included with CentOS.
> Searching the yum repos hasn't turned anything up. Maybe my yum
> search
> was sub-par.
>
> Where should I look? Do any rpms exist?



Download the tgz from the jboss website and unpack it inside the
homedirectory of the user you want to run it as.
Creating a user specifically for that purpose also hasn't hurt
anybody...

The only exception to this approach might be if part of your file-
system are read-only because you booted the box via PXE.



Rainer
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

"Jason Pyeron" 03-13-2009 06:39 PM

jboss application server rpm
 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: centos-bounces@centos.org
> [mailto:centos-bounces@centos.org] On Behalf Of Rainer Duffner
> Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 15:36
> To: CentOS mailing list
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] jboss application server rpm
>
>
> Am 13.03.2009 um 20:29 schrieb Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've been trying to locate a jboss application server rpm
> for CentOS
> > 5, but I haven't found any. I thought it would be included with
> > CentOS.
> > Searching the yum repos hasn't turned anything up. Maybe my yum
> > search was sub-par.
> >
> > Where should I look? Do any rpms exist?
>
>
>
> Download the tgz from the jboss website and unpack it inside
> the homedirectory of the user you want to run it as.
> Creating a user specifically for that purpose also hasn't
> hurt anybody...
>
> The only exception to this approach might be if part of your
> file- system are read-only because you booted the box via PXE.
>

You could make a RPM pretty easy for it.

>
>
> Rainer
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>



--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
- -
- Jason Pyeron PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant 10 West 24th Street #100 -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333 Baltimore, Maryland 21218 -
- -
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
This message is copyright PD Inc, subject to license 20080407P00.

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu 03-13-2009 06:51 PM

jboss application server rpm
 
On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 15:39 -0400, Jason Pyeron wrote:
> > Download the tgz from the jboss website and unpack it inside
> > the homedirectory of the user you want to run it as.
> > Creating a user specifically for that purpose also hasn't
> > hurt anybody...
> >
> > The only exception to this approach might be if part of your
> > file- system are read-only because you booted the box via PXE.
> >
>
> You could make a RPM pretty easy for it.

I was kind of hoping not having to go down that route...you know,
laziness and all. :)

Regards,

Ranbir


--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
15:50:07 up 7 days, 15:16, 5 users, load average: 1.37, 1.31, 1.03


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Tony Schreiner 03-13-2009 06:55 PM

jboss application server rpm
 
On Mar 13, 2009, at 3:51 PM, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 15:39 -0400, Jason Pyeron wrote:
>>> Download the tgz from the jboss website and unpack it inside
>>> the homedirectory of the user you want to run it as.
>>> Creating a user specifically for that purpose also hasn't
>>> hurt anybody...
>>>
>>> The only exception to this approach might be if part of your
>>> file- system are read-only because you booted the box via PXE.
>>>
>>
>> You could make a RPM pretty easy for it.
>
> I was kind of hoping not having to go down that route...you know,
> laziness and all. :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Ranbir
>

Have you checked at JPackage?
http://www.jpackage.org/browser/browse.php?jppversion=5.0

I have no personal experience with JBoss from this site or any other,
but I've had reasonable success with other Java bits from there.

Tony Schreiner
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.