Old 03-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Jerry Geis

Default procmail recipe

hi all

I am trying to filter emails to a user (weather) based on the subject:

:0
*^Subject:.*Weather
| /usr/bin/formail | /path/to/executable

*^Subject:.*Tornado
| /usr/bin/formail | /path/to/executable

All it does is deliver the email to the weather inbox.
For testing I tried.

echo 1 | mail -s "Tornado" weather

Enabling verbose and log file gives me:
From root@devcentos5x64.msgnet.com Fri Mar 13 10:04:07 2009
Folder:
/var/mail/weather 671

Seems like it should work... What did I miss.

Jerry

Old 03-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Jerry Geis wrote:
> hi all
>
> I am trying to filter emails to a user (weather) based on the subject:
>
> :0
> *^Subject:.*Weather
> | /usr/bin/formail | /path/to/executable
>
> *^Subject:.*Tornado
> | /usr/bin/formail | /path/to/executable
>
> All it does is deliver the email to the weather inbox.
>
> Seems like it should work... What did I miss.

That above there is only *one* recipe. You probably need two.

Ralph