-   -   Postfix smtp_recipient_restrictions causing mail to fail (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/262503-postfix-smtp_recipient_restrictions-causing-mail-fail.html)

Logan Moore 03-13-2009 07:03 AM

Postfix smtp_recipient_restrictions causing mail to fail

Hi All,

I'm currently playing with smtp_recipient restrictions to try and knock
some of this spam on it's head. On my old debian server, I was using
this and successfully filtering out at least 90% if not more of all spam
emails which was great. I didn't even need spamassassin.

However, trying to do the same thing on my new CentOS based server isn't
working. With the following enabled, nothing comes through from the
outside world.

Can anybody see where I've gone wrong. I can't fathom why this would
block all incoming emails from the web.

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
permit_mynetworks,
permit_sasl_authenticated,