Old 03-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Per Qvindesland

Default Xterm-color

Hi List

Has anyone got any clue of why on a centos 4.3 when I am logging in to the
machine I am geting the following error tput: unknown terminal "xterm-color"
do I am not using xterm-color I can not start top of any other except vi.

Does anyone have any clue?

Kind regards
Per Qvindesland

Old 03-12-2009, 07:08 PM
"nate"

Per Qvindesland wrote:
> Hi List
>
> Has anyone got any clue of why on a centos 4.3 when I am logging in to the
> machine I am geting the following error tput: unknown terminal "xterm-color"
> do I am not using xterm-color I can not start top of any other except vi.

echo $TERM

What terminal software are you using to login?

You can work around it in most cases by:

export TERM=vt100

nate

Old 03-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Per Qvindesland

Hi

Thanks for replying.

It's all good now, someone had edited the /etc/bash so it was looking in the
wrong place.

Kind regards
Per Qvindesland