Old 03-12-2009, 09:10 AM
"Sorin Srbu"

Default howto prevent gnome_panel from starting up one 5.2 x86_64

Behalf
>Of Jerry Geis
>Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:36 PM
>To: CentOS ML
>Subject: [CentOS] howto prevent gnome_panel from starting up one 5.2 x86_64
>
>how do I prevent gnome_panel from starting up?
>
>once its started I can do "gnome-session-remove gnome_panel"
>But I dont want it to startup at all.
>
>How can I do that?

Check in gconf-editor in Panel/Global for some suitable preventive setting.

HTH.
--
/Sorin

Old 03-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Filipe Brandenburger

Hi Jerry,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 18:35, Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com> wrote:
> how do I prevent gnome_panel from starting up?
>
> once its started I can do "gnome-session-remove gnome_panel"
> But I dont want it to startup at all.

Try running "gnome-session-save" after you removed the panels, in that
case I believe they might not come back the next time you start Gnome.
I did not test your specific case, though, it might not work... You
might want to try "gnome-session-properties" as well.

HTH,
Filipe