Old 03-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Tariq Ismail Dalvi

Default CentOS 5.2 i m having problem with gnome

Hello to all,

I am having a web server mail server Mysql and name server
on single machine my os is CentOs 5.2 and desktop
gnome everything was working fine now couple of days
back I was using text editor, Fire Fox and GIMP at a time
and my mouse started to act funny as well as very slow
even my keyboard curser moves very slow I feel it is
some sort of memory problem but I have noticed the
servers are accessible from outside of network are
fine except that I am only facing problem while using desk top.

Secondly if I reboot the system it start to work fine
for few hours.

I shall highly appreciate if someone can give me a
hint or how to fix it.

Thank you.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Brian Becker

I am having a web server mail server Mysql and name server

on single machine my os is CentOs 5.2 and desktop

gnome everything was working fine now couple of days

back I was using text editor, Fire Fox and GIMP at a time

and my mouse started to act funny as well as very slow

even my keyboard curser moves very slow I feel it is

some sort of memory problem but I have noticed the

servers are accessible from outside of network are

fine except that I am only facing problem while using desk top.

Secondly if I reboot the system it start to work fine

for few hours.

I shall highly appreciate if someone can give me a

hint or how to fix it.

Thank you.

Just how much memory do you have in your system?* Are you actually hosting anything on your servers?* When your system is experiencing the problem run the following and send it over

cat /proc/meminfo

Brian

Old 03-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Vnpenguin

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Tariq Ismail Dalvi
<tariqdalvi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I am having a web server mail server Mysql and name server
> on single machine my os is CentOs 5.2 and desktop
> gnome everything was working fine now couple of days
> back I was using text editor, Fire Fox and GIMP at a time
> and my mouse started to act funny as well as very slow
> even my keyboard curser moves very slow I feel it is
> some sort of memory problem but I have noticed the
> servers are accessible from outside of network are
> fine except that I am only facing problem while using desk top.

Wow, so many _server_ on your _desktop_ :-)

Don't tell us that you have only 512Mb RAM !

--
http://vnoss.org

Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Tariq Ismail Dalvi

I have 2Gbs DDR 2 Ram and swap part of appro 1957 Mbs as I feel i
should have Swap Partition of 4 Gbs for a 2 Gbs Ram yes I am hosting
about 12 sites and domains
on Name-based Virtual Hosts, I got it I have to add some more Gbs of Ram.

one more thing on this system there are lost of cron jobs active every
hour wstatas
every 6 hours backup of piblic_html on DVD

[root@dalvis ~]# cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 2010492 kB
MemFree: 94284 kB
Buffers: 308360 kB