Old 03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
"Rob Hutten"

Default Identical yum configs, different results

*
Hi all,
*
I have two new Centos 5.2 servers ("drizzle" and "fog"), both ROCKS headnodes installed from the same rolls.* Identical `uname -a' output (2.6.18-92.1.13.el5, x86_64 etc), identical yum versions (Version: 3.2.8 Release: 9.el5.centos.1) with identical yum.conf files and identical repo files in /etc/yum.repos.d.

*
To simplify things I've disabled all repos except the centos base on both servers:
*
** [base]
** name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
** mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
** baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
** gpgcheck=1
** enabled=1
** gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

Octave is installed on drizzle:
*
*** drizzle@/etc/yum.repos.d# yum info octave
*** ** centosplus: mirrors.portafixe.com
*** ** base: mirrors.portafixe.com
*** ** updates: mirrors.portafixe.com
*** ** extras: mirrors.portafixe.com
*** ** addons: mirrors.portafixe.com
*** centosplus*************** 100% |=========================|* 951 B*** 00:00****
*** base********************* 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB*** 00:00****
*** updates****************** 100% |=========================|* 951 B*** 00:00****
*** extras******************* 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB*** 00:00****
*** addons******************* 100% |=========================|* 951 B*** 00:00****
*** Installed Packages
*** Name** : octave
*** Arch** : x86_64
*** Epoch* : 6
*** Version: 3.0.1
*** Release: 2.el5
*** Size** : 33 M
*** Repo** : installed
*** [etc...]
*
And I'd like to install it on fog; however:
*
*** [root@fog yum.repos.d]# yum info octave
*** ** base: mirrors.portafixe.com
*** ** updates: mirrors.portafixe.com
*** ** centosplus: mirrors.portafixe.com
*** ** addons: mirrors.portafixe.com
*** ** extras: mirrors.portafixe.com
*** Error: No matching Packages to list
*** [root@fog yum.repos.d]#

"yum install octave" gives the same error.
*
Any idea what I'm missing?* I'm sure it's something stupid but I've been banging my head against the wall all evening on this...
*
Thanks,
-Rob
Rob Hutten
Senior HPC Engineer
Flagstone RE
Suite 700, Cogswell Tower
2000 Barrington Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3K1
www.flagstonere.bm

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of, or action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon, this communication or the information in it is prohibited and maybe unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender by return email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Karanbir Singh

Rob Hutten wrote:
> Installed Packages
> Name : octave

its already installed...

> Error: No matching Packages to list

which is correct, since there is no Octave in CentOS-5