-   -   Grub Loading stage2Read Error (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/259815-grub-loading-stage2read-error.html)

dnk 03-09-2009 03:32 PM

Grub Loading stage2Read Error

Hi there,

I had a system drop this weekend, and upon boot, the system halts at a
black screen with the following error:

"Grub Loading stage2Read Error"

Now upon googling around, it seems to be recommended to reinstall
GRUB. My system is a simple raid 0 (data backed up), with the typical
partition scheme (LVM, etc) provided by CentOS. This system is 5.2 in
my case.

Now since my system is a raid 0, I am a little hesitant to do the
procedure as none of the instructions I have found take this into
consideration.

What would be the best way to do this, or more importantly to find out
the proper device to run (on):

/sbin/grub-install /dev/...

Thanks in advance.

dnk 03-09-2009 04:08 PM

On 9-Mar-09, at 9:32 AM, dnk wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I had a system drop this weekend, and upon boot, the system halts at a
> black screen with the following error:
>
> "Grub Loading stage2Read Error"
>
> Now upon googling around, it seems to be recommended to reinstall
> GRUB. My system is a simple raid 0 (data backed up), with the typical
> partition scheme (LVM, etc) provided by CentOS. This system is 5.2 in
> my case.
>
> Now since my system is a raid 0, I am a little hesitant to do the
> procedure as none of the instructions I have found take this into
> consideration.
>
> What would be the best way to do this, or more importantly to find out
> the proper device to run (on):
>
> /sbin/grub-install /dev/...
>
> Thanks in advance.

I found my answer... You can find it with fdisk -l --> then looking at
the partition types....

My system is back.

Just posting for complete reference in the archives.