Old 03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Glenn

Default WAY OT: domain name registration .co.za

Hello All,

Very sorry about WAY off-topic query, but you folks really are one of
my most International subscribed groups.

I am looking for a recommendation for a domain name registrar I can
register my .co.za domain name with that won't 'yank my chains'. I
tried a couple attempts at registering and found some hidden fees
along with the insistence that I had to host my DNS with them. Lots
of hosting bundles!

I just want a registrar that can register the domain name and use MY
DNS servers. I'll do all the hosting, thank you very much!

Thanks in Advance!
Glenn

Old 03-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Bill Campbell

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009, Glenn wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Very sorry about WAY off-topic query, but you folks really are one of
>my most International subscribed groups.
>
>I am looking for a recommendation for a domain name registrar I can
>register my .co.za domain name with that won't 'yank my chains'. I
>tried a couple attempts at registering and found some hidden fees
>along with the insistence that I had to host my DNS with them. Lots
>of hosting bundles!
>
>I just want a registrar that can register the domain name and use MY
>DNS servers. I'll do all the hosting, thank you very much!

We have been using http://reg.iecc.com/ for years with excellent
results. This is run by John Levine, author of Internet for
Dummies, anti-spam advocate, et al. They are OpenSRS resellers,
and have been very easy to work with over the years.

Bill
Voice: (206) 236-1676 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820
Fax: (206) 232-9186

Each individual of the society has a right to be protected in the
enjoyment of his life, liberty, and property no part of the property
of any individual can, with justice, be taken from him, or applied to
public uses, without his own consent -- John Adams

Old 03-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Spook ZA

2009/3/6 Bill Campbell <centos@celestial.com>

> On Fri, Mar 06, 2009, Glenn wrote:
> >Hello All,
> >
> >Very sorry about WAY off-topic query, but you folks really are one of
> >my most International subscribed groups.
> >
> >I am looking for a recommendation for a domain name registrar I can
> >register my .co.za domain name with that won't 'yank my chains'. I
> >tried a couple attempts at registering and found some hidden fees
> >along with the insistence that I had to host my DNS with them. Lots
> >of hosting bundles!
> >
> >I just want a registrar that can register the domain name and use MY
> >DNS servers. I'll do all the hosting, thank you very much!

Hi Bill.
Have you tried registering your domain directly with the registrar?

( http://co.za/coza_reg.txt )

Regards,
Andrew

Old 03-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Dan Carl

Glenn wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Very sorry about WAY off-topic query, but you folks really are one of
> my most International subscribed groups.
>
> I am looking for a recommendation for a domain name registrar I can
> register my .co.za domain name with that won't 'yank my chains'. I
> tried a couple attempts at registering and found some hidden fees
> along with the insistence that I had to host my DNS with them. Lots
> of hosting bundles!
>
> I just want a registrar that can register the domain name and use MY
> DNS servers. I'll do all the hosting, thank you very much!
>
> Thanks in Advance!
> Glenn

Try Network Solutions or Godaddy.
I use both.
NetSol is more expensive but if you call them they'll usually match
godaddy's prices.
NetSol has better support, but if all you're using them for is to
register you won't need much/any.

Dan

Old 03-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Glenn

At 12:01 PM 3/6/2009, you wrote:
>2009/3/6 Bill Campbell <centos@celestial.com>
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 06, 2009, Glenn wrote:
> > >Hello All,
> > >
> > >Very sorry about WAY off-topic query, but you folks really are one of
> > >my most International subscribed groups.
> > >
> > >I am looking for a recommendation for a domain name registrar I can
> > >register my .co.za domain name with that won't 'yank my chains'. I
> > >tried a couple attempts at registering and found some hidden fees
> > >along with the insistence that I had to host my DNS with them. Lots
> > >of hosting bundles!
> > >
> > >I just want a registrar that can register the domain name and use MY
> > >DNS servers. I'll do all the hosting, thank you very much!
>
>Hi Bill.
>Have you tried registering your domain directly with the registrar?
>
>( http://co.za/coza_reg.txt )
>
>Regards,
> Andrew

Thanks All!

Again sorry about the OT!!!

Cheers,
Glenn

Old 03-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Chris Geldenhuis

Glenn wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Very sorry about WAY off-topic query, but you folks really are one of
> my most International subscribed groups.
>
> I am looking for a recommendation for a domain name registrar I can
> register my .co.za domain name with that won't 'yank my chains'. I
> tried a couple attempts at registering and found some hidden fees
> along with the insistence that I had to host my DNS with them. Lots
> of hosting bundles!
>
> I just want a registrar that can register the domain name and use MY
> DNS servers. I'll do all the hosting, thank you very much!
>
> Thanks in Advance!
> Glenn

Hi Glen

Try http://www.coza.net.za I'm registered with them and host my own site
- no problems.

ChrisG

Old 03-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Kevin Kempter

On Friday 06 March 2009 12:25:31 Chris Geldenhuis wrote:

> Glenn wrote:

> > Hello All,

> > Very sorry about WAY off-topic query, but you folks really are one of

> > my most International subscribed groups.

> > I am looking for a recommendation for a domain name registrar I can

> > register my .co.za domain name with that won't 'yank my chains'. I

> > tried a couple attempts at registering and found some hidden fees

> > along with the insistence that I had to host my DNS with them. Lots

> > of hosting bundles!

> > I just want a registrar that can register the domain name and use MY

> > DNS servers. I'll do all the hosting, thank you very much!

> > Thanks in Advance!

> > Glenn

> Hi Glen

> Try http://www.coza.net.za I'm registered with them and host my own site

> - no problems.

> ChrisG

enomcentral.com

Old 03-13-2009, 05:40 AM
Rudi Ahlers

2009/3/6 Kevin Kempter <kevin@kevinkempterllc.com>:
> On Friday 06 March 2009 12:25:31 Chris Geldenhuis wrote:
>> Glenn wrote:
>> > Hello All,
>> >
>> > Very sorry about WAY off-topic query, but you folks really are one of
>> > my most International subscribed groups.
>> >
>> > I am looking for a recommendation for a domain name registrar I can
>> > register my .co.za domain name with that won't 'yank my chains'. I
>> > tried a couple attempts at registering and found some hidden fees
>> > along with the insistence that I had to host my DNS with them. Lots
>> > of hosting bundles!
>> >
>> > I just want a registrar that can register the domain name and use MY
>> > DNS servers. I'll do all the hosting, thank you very much!
>> >
>> > Thanks in Advance!
>> > Glenn

Hi Glen,

Did you come right? Neither eNom, Godaddy, or any of those registrars
can register a .co.za domain. If you don't mind the learning curve,
you can register the domain @ http://www.co.za yourself. Otherwise I
can do if for you, just let me know.

--

Kind Regards