Old 12-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Mogens Kjaer

Default Centos 5.1, mythtv, saa7134_dvb?

I'm trying to set up my Centos 5.1 box at home to run mythtv.

The DVB-T card requires saa7134 and saa7134_dvb.

These are not in the Centos kernels.

Centosplus has saa7134, but not saa7134_dvb.

Do I have to compile the kernel myself, or is there a trick?

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk

Old 12-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Johnny Hughes

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> I'm trying to set up my Centos 5.1 box at home to run mythtv.
>
> The DVB-T card requires saa7134 and saa7134_dvb.
>
> These are not in the Centos kernels.
>
> Centosplus has saa7134, but not saa7134_dvb.
>
> Do I have to compile the kernel myself, or is there a trick?
>
> Mogens

I thought I enabled everything that was there in relation to dvb in the
latest CentOSPlus kernel for 5.1.

If there is something in that kernel that I can turn on without patches
and you find it, if you tell me what it is I will enable it in the next
build of the centosplus kernel. That does not help you in this
instance, but it might in the future.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

Old 12-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Mogens Kjaer

Johnny Hughes wrote:

Mogens Kjaer wrote:

I'm trying to set up my Centos 5.1 box at home to run mythtv.

The DVB-T card requires saa7134 and saa7134_dvb.

These are not in the Centos kernels.

Centosplus has saa7134, but not saa7134_dvb.

Do I have to compile the kernel myself, or is there a trick?

Mogens

I thought I enabled everything that was there in relation to dvb in the
latest CentOSPlus kernel for 5.1.

If there is something in that kernel that I can turn on without patches
and you find it, if you tell me what it is I will enable it in the next
build of the centosplus kernel. That does not help you in this
instance, but it might in the future.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll try rebuilding the centosplus kernel and enabling the modules
necessary.

Is it possible to build just the modules, or do I have to
build everything?