Old 12-31-2007, 05:03 AM

Default 1680x1050 Monitor

Hi,

I just got a new Samsung 226bw 22" wide monitor to replace my
previous one. I also have a nvidia 8600gts video card.

I can set interactively [through the nvidia-settings utility] the
1680 by 1050 resolution. I have saved the settings in the
xorg.conf, but I can't keep it after a restart of X or a reboot.
When I restart X, the login is at: 1680 by 1050, then it switches
to 1280 by 1024.

Here are the video sections from my xorg.conf

Any suggestion with what's wrong?

Section "Module"
Load "glx"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BoardName "GeForce 8600 GTS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Videocard0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
Option "TwinView" "0"
Option "metamodes" "1680x1050 +0+0"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com

Old 12-31-2007, 06:10 AM
Johnny Hughes

centos@911networks.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got a new Samsung 226bw 22" wide monitor to replace my
> previous one. I also have a nvidia 8600gts video card.
>
> I can set interactively [through the nvidia-settings utility] the
> 1680 by 1050 resolution. I have saved the settings in the
> xorg.conf, but I can't keep it after a restart of X or a reboot.
> When I restart X, the login is at: 1680 by 1050, then it switches
> to 1280 by 1024.
>
> Here are the video sections from my xorg.conf
>
> Any suggestion with what's wrong?
>
> Section "Module"
> Load "glx"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
> Identifier "Videocard0"
> Driver "nvidia"
> VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
> BoardName "GeForce 8600 GTS"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
> Identifier "Screen0"
> Device "Videocard0"
> Monitor "Monitor0"
> DefaultDepth 24
> Option "TwinView" "0"
> Option "metamodes" "1680x1050 +0+0"
> SubSection "Display"
> Depth 24
> EndSubSection
> EndSection

Do you have a monitor section ... or is it set to autoconfig.

Use system-config-display to see the settings.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:28 AM
"Carlos Daniel Ruvalcaba Valenzuela"

I have the same monitor actually, here are some tips:

Add this modeline to your "Monitor" section:

modeline "1680x1050@60" 147.14 1680 1784 1968 2256 1050 1051 1054
1087 -hsync +vsync

Add the new resolution to your "Screen" section ("1680x1050@60"),
finally restart X, set the new resolution using system-config-desplay
or Resolution Applet.

Good luck!

Old 12-31-2007, 06:28 PM

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 02:28:58 -0700
"Carlos Daniel Ruvalcaba Valenzuela" <clsdaniel@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the same monitor actually, here are some tips:
>
> Add this modeline to your "Monitor" section:
>
> modeline "1680x1050@60" 147.14 1680 1784 1968 2256 1050 1051
> 1054 1087 -hsync +vsync
>
> Add the new resolution to your "Screen" section ("1680x1050@60"),
> finally restart X, set the new resolution using
> system-config-desplay or Resolution Applet.

Thanks, but did not work yet. Could you post your xorg.conf so I
can compare?

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com

Old 01-01-2008, 07:00 AM
"Carlos Daniel Ruvalcaba Valenzuela"

Here is my xorg.conf I hope it could be useful to you.

Good luck