Old 12-30-2007, 04:09 AM
Robert Moskowitz

Default Firewall builder - which rpm?

I need a decent, easy, firewall on Centos. This is for test systems, so
I do not need a lot. For 'a lot', I use and Astaro firewall.

I had used Firestarter once, but found out that it cannot handle routing
between a public and private network. Basically saying this is
impossible. Of course, if your private network is addressed per RFC
1918 (that I co-authored), I can understand the difficulty, but
otherwise....

Anyway, I found firehol, but this is rather confusing. ( how do I
define a service like for port 5903? What about UDP for RTP? How do I
run the thing?)

There have been people here mentioning Firewall Builder, and that seems
be well documented, except which rpm I should grab for Centos 5.

I am looking over at http://www.fwbuilder.org/ and
http://www.fwbuilder.org/nightly_builds/build-329/ for rpms, but which
one? fedora-c5 ?

thanks.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:13 AM
"Grant McChesney"

[...]

Firewall builder is available in the ATrpms repository for C5:

http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/fwbuilder/

Old 12-30-2007, 05:09 AM
Robert Moskowitz

Grant McChesney wrote:
[...]

Thanks. The version there is 6 months behind, but it looks mostly like
bug fixes and for what I need this week, it should do the job.