Old 12-29-2007, 04:48 PM
"sgoldman"

Default Cent os 4 .htaccess file not working mod_rewrite enable - how can I test "help"

Hello,
*** *** Spend hours
attempting to password protect a web directory-

mod_rewrite enabled*** on httpd.conf file.* Seek ideas
please

*

Stephen

*

Stephen Goldman*
System
Administrator
MIT Biology
sgoldman@mit.edu

Old 12-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Frank Cox

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:48:54 -0500
sgoldman <sgoldman@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Hello,
> Spend hours attempting to password protect a web directory-
> mod_rewrite enabled on httpd.conf file. Seek ideas please

This is the .htaccess file directly from one of my webservers. It works fine.

AuthUserFile /opt/passwords/parkland.pwd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName ParklandONLINE
AuthType Basic
require valid-user