Old 12-28-2007, 05:07 PM
"James B. Byrne"

Default SELinux and rsync permission on /bin

I am getting this error from the SELinux troubleshooter

SELinux is preventing rsync (/usr/bin/rsync) "search" to bin (bin_t)

I can fix this easily enough but I want to ask why is rsync searching /bin
as a repository? Is this a bug in the program or is the default SELinux
configuration wrong for rsync?

*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241
Hamilton, Ontario fax: +1 905 561 0757