FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-29-2007, 04:59 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"
 
Default vnc server

I followed these instructions, http://egopoly.com/archives/2006/09/how_to_use_vnc.html to successfully connect to my centos 5.1 box. I assumed I could #chkconfig vncserver on to make this permananet but when I tried to #service vncserver start I got the message no desktop configured. Can anyone point me in the right direction to have vncserver run at startup?

Thanks!
jlc
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-29-2007, 05:13 AM
Frank Cox
 
Default vnc server

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 22:59:18 -0700
"Joseph L. Casale" <jcasale@ActiveNetwerx.com> wrote:

> I followed these instructions, http://egopoly.com/archives/2006/09/how_to_use_vnc.html to successfully connect to my centos 5.1 box. I assumed I could #chkconfig vncserver on to make this permananet but when I tried to #service vncserver start I got the message no desktop configured. Can anyone point me in the right direction to have vncserver run at startup?

Add a line to the end of /etc/vncservers that looks like this:

VNCSERVERS="1:yourusernamehere"

Run vncpasswd as the user whose username you specified above.



--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://www.melvilletheatre.com
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Fernando Xavier
 
Default VNC Server

Hi,
I´m trying to set up VCN server in Centos. I got the connection but no KDE windows, only *a black window.
Any idea?
My xstartup is :


#!/bin/shxrdb $HOME/.Xresourcesxsetroot -solid greyxterm -geometry 80+24+10+10 -ls -title .$VNCDESTOP Desktop. &startkde &


RegardsFernando
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Kwan Lowe
 
Default VNC Server

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Fernando Xavier
<fernando.xavier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I´m trying to set up VCN server in Centos. I got the connection but no KDE
> windows, only *a black window.
> Any idea?
> My xstartup is :
>
> #!/bin/sh
> xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
> xsetroot -solid grey
> xterm -geometry 80+24+10+10 -ls -title .$VNCDESTOP Desktop. &
> startkde &

Do you see any messages in the .vnc/*.log files?
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Fernando Xavier
 
Default VNC Server

Xvnc Free Edition 4.1.2Copyright (C) 2002-2005 RealVNC Ltd.See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.Underlying X server release 70101000, The X.Org Foundation


Mon Apr *5 21:38:12 2010*vncext: * * *VNC extension running!*vncext: * * *Listening for VNC connections on port 5901*vncext: * * *Listening for HTTP connections on port 5801
*vncext: * * *created VNC server for screen 0sh: /root/.vnc/xstartup: Permission deniedCould not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!
Mon Apr *5 21:38:23 2010
*Connections: accepted: 187.106.34.227::20402*SConnection: Client needs protocol version 3.8*SConnection: Client requests security type VncAuth(2)
Mon Apr *5 21:38:27 2010
*VNCSConnST: *Server default pixel format depth 16 (16bpp) little-endian rgb565*VNCSConnST: *Client pixel format depth 8 (8bpp) rgb max 3,3,3 shift 4,2,0FreeFontPath: FPE "built-ins" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.


On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Fernando Xavier

<fernando.xavier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> I´m trying to set up VCN server in Centos. I got the connection but no KDE

> windows, only *a black window.

> Any idea?

> My xstartup is :

>

> #!/bin/sh

> xrdb $HOME/.Xresources

> xsetroot -solid grey

> xterm -geometry 80+24+10+10 -ls -title .$VNCDESTOP Desktop. &

> startkde &



Do you see any messages in the .vnc/*.log files?

_______________________________________________

CentOS mailing list

CentOS@centos.org

http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos



_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-06-2010, 01:43 AM
Fernando Xavier
 
Default VNC Server

solved
i changed the xstartup to 755
thanks

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Fernando Xavier <fernando.xavier@gmail.com> wrote:

Xvnc Free Edition 4.1.2Copyright (C) 2002-2005 RealVNC Ltd.See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.
Underlying X server release 70101000, The X.Org Foundation


Mon Apr *5 21:38:12 2010*vncext: * * *VNC extension running!*vncext: * * *Listening for VNC connections on port 5901*vncext: * * *Listening for HTTP connections on port 5801

*vncext: * * *created VNC server for screen 0sh: /root/.vnc/xstartup: Permission deniedCould not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!
Mon Apr *5 21:38:23 2010

*Connections: accepted: 187.106.34.227::20402*SConnection: Client needs protocol version 3.8*SConnection: Client requests security type VncAuth(2)
Mon Apr *5 21:38:27 2010

*VNCSConnST: *Server default pixel format depth 16 (16bpp) little-endian rgb565*VNCSConnST: *Client pixel format depth 8 (8bpp) rgb max 3,3,3 shift 4,2,0FreeFontPath: FPE "built-ins" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.



On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe@gmail.com> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Fernando Xavier

<fernando.xavier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> I´m trying to set up VCN server in Centos. I got the connection but no KDE

> windows, only *a black window.

> Any idea?

> My xstartup is :

>

> #!/bin/sh

> xrdb $HOME/.Xresources

> xsetroot -solid grey

> xterm -geometry 80+24+10+10 -ls -title .$VNCDESTOP Desktop. &

> startkde &



Do you see any messages in the .vnc/*.log files?

_______________________________________________

CentOS mailing list

CentOS@centos.org

http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos





_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 05-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Andrew Lapham
 
Default Vnc server

Hello all.


I'm new to debian (2 days) but have been using Linux for a while. Anyway my problem is with Vnc4server.


Yesterday I set up my /home/.Vnc/xstartup to include gnome session and I commented terminal emulator. And I remoted in no problem (I forget if I used vnvserver or Vnc4server)


Today I turned on the pc and ran the server and all I get is a grey screen and a mouse. I tried vncserver and Vnc4server. Any ideas?


(Sorry for the case/spelling errors this was composed on my phone..)
 
Old 05-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Anand Sivaram
 
Default Vnc server

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 00:56, Andrew Lapham <drewlapham@gmail.com> wrote:


Hello all.


I'm new to debian (2 days) but have been using Linux for a while. Anyway my problem is with Vnc4server.


Yesterday I set up my /home/.Vnc/xstartup to include gnome session and I commented terminal emulator. And I remoted in no problem (I forget if I used vnvserver or Vnc4server)


Today I turned on the pc and ran the server and all I get is a grey screen and a mouse. I tried vncserver and Vnc4server. Any ideas?


(Sorry for the case/spelling errors this was composed on my phone..)


Post your xstartup
 
Old 05-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Lorenzo Beretta
 
Default Vnc server

Il 09/05/2010 21:50, Andrew Lapham ha scritto:

Hello all.

I'm new to debian (2 days) but have been using Linux for a while. Anyway my
problem is with Vnc4server.

Yesterday I set up my /home/.Vnc/xstartup to include gnome session and I
commented terminal emulator. And I remoted in no problem (I forget if I used
vnvserver or Vnc4server)

Today I turned on the pc and ran the server and all I get is a grey screen
and a mouse. I tried vncserver and Vnc4server. Any ideas?

(Sorry for the case/spelling errors this was composed on my phone..)

I ran into a similar issue some time ago (and found the solution on a
vnc mailing list, in case you have further problems).
If you closed your vnc session by *logging out*, what happens is that
your session (gnome) is no longer active, but vnc is not concerned.


The workaround that was suggested to me is to *not* have vncstartup exec
the session, but rather launch a session and cleanup afterwards, ie


# wrong
#exec gnome-session

# right
gnome-session
vncserver -kill $DISPLAY

If you grok the shell you'll probably use the trap command to make sure
that cleanup is done no matter what, but that's just a detail


good luck


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4be7f312$0$1126$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it">http ://lists.debian.org/4be7f312$0$1126$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it
 
Old 07-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Engi Zoltán
 
Default VNC server

I start the vnc server on Debian linux.

I tried connect to server but only get gray screen.

It seems to be there is problem with "x-term".

Here is log file:

Xvnc Free Edition 4.1.1 - built Mar 10 2010 21:46:06
Copyright (C) 2002-2005 RealVNC Ltd.
See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.
Underlying X server release 40300000, The XFree86 Project, Inc


Sun Jul 10 15:41:08 2011
vncext: VNC extension running!
vncext: Listening for VNC connections on port 5903
vncext: Listening for HTTP connections on port 5803
vncext: created VNC server for screen 0
error opening security policy file /etc/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/,
removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/,
removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/, removing
from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/, removing
from list!

/root/.vnc/xstartup: line 11: x-term: parancs nem található

Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
and start again.


Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at http://wiki.x.org
for help.

xinit: Server error.

Sun Jul 10 15:41:41 2011
Connections: accepted: 0.0.0.0::57778
SConnection: Client needs protocol version 3.8
SConnection: Client requests security type VncAuth(2)

Sun Jul 10 15:41:46 2011
VNCSConnST: Server default pixel format depth 16 (16bpp)
little-endian rgb565

VNCSConnST: Client pixel format depth 8 (8bpp) rgb max 3,3,3 shift 4,2,0

Sun Jul 10 15:46:20 2011
Connections: closed: 0.0.0.0::57778 (Clean disconnection)
SMsgWriter: framebuffer updates 2
SMsgWriter: ZRLE rects 3, bytes 815
SMsgWriter: raw bytes equivalent 480548, compression ratio 589.629448

Sun Jul 10 15:46:31 2011
Connections: accepted: 0.0.0.0::57810
SConnection: Client needs protocol version 3.8
SConnection: Client requests security type VncAuth(2)

Sun Jul 10 15:46:36 2011
VNCSConnST: Server default pixel format depth 16 (16bpp)
little-endian rgb565

VNCSConnST: Client pixel format depth 8 (8bpp) rgb max 3,3,3 shift 4,2,0


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4E19AFE6.7010602@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E19AFE6.7010602@gmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:05 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org