Old 12-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Jerry Geis

Default workspace switcher

Hi all,

I added the "workspace switcher" and I now have 4 virtual screens.

When I do "vncviewer machine" works and shows me the current 1-4 display.

however, I want to go directly to one of the 1-4 displays.
when I do "vncviewer machine:1" it says "unable to connect to host"

How do I get the displays 1-4 to accept the vnc connection?

I have module vnc loaded in my xorg.conf file.
Again vnc works into the machine but I want to go directly to one of the
4 available virtual screens.

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 12-28-2007, 07:39 PM
"nate"

Jerry Geis wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I added the "workspace switcher" and I now have 4 virtual screens.
>
> I have module vnc loaded in my xorg.conf file.
> Again vnc works into the machine but I want to go directly to one of the
> 4 available virtual screens.

I don't believe vnc will do what your asking it to do. 1 VNC instance
is per X server not per virtual desktop(unless things have drastically
changed recently).

You can fire up a 2nd X server and run whatever apps you want on that
and connect using VNC to that display. Or just run vncserver and run
the apps inside a VNC X server instead of an Xorg server.

nate