Old 12-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Robert Moskowitz

Default boot hangs on trying to start sendmail

Joshua Gimer wrote:
Make sure that the system has an entry for itself in /etc/hosts. This
will allow the system to boot up even if DNS is unavailable.

It was there, but the host name only. Not the FQDN. I KNEW that....

Ya know, it really doesn't help knowing the insides of all those RFCs.
The time sitting with Vixie, Mockapetris and others at an IETF bar. When
it comes down to it, you just have to do the work and dot those Is and
cross those Ts.

Josh