Old 12-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default Failed to enable keyboard

I have a set of systems that I have to build that cannot be booted from
CD. So I put the drive in another system, do the install, move the
drive, and fix the video with system-config-display.

But seems perhaps there is another (small) problem. The build system
has a PS/2 keyboard interface (and mouse). The target system has NO
PS/2 interfaces. Only USB is available.

So at boot I get the message:

atkbd.c: Failed to enable keyboard on isa0060/serio0

What do I do to remove this?

Old 12-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Scott Ehrlich

I have a set of systems that I have to build that cannot be booted from CD.
So I put the drive in another system, do the install, move the drive, and fix
the video with system-config-display.

But seems perhaps there is another (small) problem. The build system has a
PS/2 keyboard interface (and mouse). The target system has NO PS/2
interfaces. Only USB is available.

So at boot I get the message:

atkbd.c: Failed to enable keyboard on isa0060/serio0

What do I do to remove this?

There does exist a USB -> PS/2 adapter. See if you can procure one
(colleague, store, etc)
.
Times like these they really come in handy. You should also review the
BIOS options for USB Emulation mode. If it is off, you should turn it on.

Scott

Old 12-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Scott Ehrlich wrote:

I have a set of systems that I have to build that cannot be booted
from CD. So I put the drive in another system, do the install, move
the drive, and fix the video with system-config-display.

But seems perhaps there is another (small) problem. The build system
has a PS/2 keyboard interface (and mouse). The target system has NO
PS/2 interfaces. Only USB is available.

So at boot I get the message:

atkbd.c: Failed to enable keyboard on isa0060/serio0

What do I do to remove this?

There does exist a USB -> PS/2 adapter. See if you can procure one
(colleague, store, etc)

. Times like these they really come in handy.
I have 1/2 dozen of them. And I get this message when I have one plugged
into the unit and the adapter plugged into my old PS/2 based KVM.
You should also review the BIOS options for USB Emulation mode. If it
is off, you should turn it on.
And this system does not give access to the BIOS! There is a lot I would
like to do with the BIOS, like get it to boot automatically at power
restore.

There is no intention that in production, the units will have a keyboard
or mouse. All management will be done via some remote console program
(using VNC for right now). But I have to do the install on a PS/2 based
system. Would like to cut out what is not needed....

Old 12-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Scott Ehrlich

What is the make/model of this system? I have yet to touch a system
(PC-based) that does not allow access to BIOS.

Scott

Old 12-28-2007, 02:44 AM
Robert Moskowitz

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
What is the make/model of this system? I have yet to touch a system
(PC-based) that does not allow access to BIOS.

DecTop

http://www.dataevolution.com/dectop%20info%202.htm

Scott