Old 01-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Ray Van Dolson

Default ProFTPd under CentOS 5.2 running FTPS - iptables problem

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 06:48:15PM +0100, happymaster23 wrote:
> Thank you,
>
> I will check it. But - is this only possible solution?
>
> SFTP I am using only for administration purposes (yeah, it is quite
> easy to set it up :-D) and its better for me, to make FTPS for
> customers and SFTP only for me.

I don't know that that ip_conntrack_ftp would work with TLS encrypted
FTP[1]. It wouldn't be able to "peer" into the FTP stream to determine
the appropriate data ports to open on the firewall.

Your best bet would be to configure ProFTPD to use a predefined range
of passive FTP ports and then just ensure those are opened via
iptables.

Ray

[1] There are options here such as only encrypting the authentication
portion of the connection or CCC, etc...