Old 01-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Per Qvindesland

Default Ldap login

Title: Ldap login

Hello List,

I have installed Centos Directory Server to be able to authenticate with ldap on the other servers in the system, the directory server seems to be working fine, but when I configure a test server to authenticate up against this server then it says that there is no such user, I have made sure that the config is correct on the client /etc/ldap.conf is there also the /etc/openldap/ldap.conf is there and both is configured correctly, i have tried to telnet from the client to the server on port 389 and that also works.

Does anyone have any idea of what I am missing here?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Per Qvindesland

Old 01-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Didi Hoffmann

> Hello List,
>
> I have installed Centos Directory Server to be able to authenticate
> with ldap on the other servers in the system, the directory server
> seems to be working fine, but when I configure a test server to
> authenticate up against this server then it says that there is no
> such user, I have made sure that the config is correct on the
> client /etc/ldap.conf is there also the /etc/openldap/ldap.conf is
> there and both is configured correctly, i have tried to telnet from
> the client to the server on port 389 and that also works.
>
> Does anyone have any idea of what I am missing here?
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards
> Per Qvindesland

Maybe ldapsearch will help. Try connecting with ldapsearch to the
server and see if that works.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Per Qvindesland

Hi

Thanks for replying.

I tried that and I am getting this error:
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s:unknown authentication method (-6) additional
info:sasl(-4): no mechanism available:

Any idea?

Regards
Per Qvindesland

Old 01-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Didi

> I tried that and I am getting this error:
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s:unknown authentication method (-6) additional
> info:sasl(-4): no mechanism available:
>
> Any idea?

It looks like your server does not know the authentication method.
Does it work with 'ldapsearch -x' ?
And ldapsearch -v should tell you more

Cheers Didi
----
www.ribalba.de
Email / Jabber: ribalba@gmail.com
Skype : ribalba

Old 01-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Per Qvindesland

Hi Didi

Thanks again for your help.

When I type ldapsearch -x it comes up with the complete list of users and
groups, but if i do the ldapsearch -v it gives me the same error:
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s:unknown authentication method (-6) additional
info:sasl(-4): no mechanism available:

Any idea of what authentication method ldap uses?

Regards
Per

Old 01-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Didi

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Per Qvindesland <per@norhex.com> wrote:
> Hi Didi
>
> Thanks again for your help.
>
> When I type ldapsearch -x it comes up with the complete list of users and
> groups, but if i do the ldapsearch -v it gives me the same error:
> SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s:unknown authentication method (-6) additional
> info:sasl(-4): no mechanism available:

Does your server/cleint have ssl? How secure does this have to be.
Normally you have to set up the certificates to do it over SASL. If it
is at home and you don't need to be bullet proof you can just use
simple auth. I know people are going to hate me because of this, but
if you just want it to work this might be an option.

> Any idea of what authentication method ldap uses?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Authentication_and_Security_Layer

might explain a few things.

Cheers Didi