Old 01-25-2009, 09:02 PM

Default e-sata

Hi,

Does anybody has any experience with e-sata on CentOS5.2?

- How fast is it? Same as an internal sata?
- Does it support sata-2?
- Does it "hot-plug" like a USB?

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com

Old 01-25-2009, 09:14 PM
"Marko A. Jennings"

On Sun, January 25, 2009 5:02 pm, centos@911networks.com wrote:
> Does anybody has any experience with e-sata on CentOS5.2?
>
> - How fast is it? Same as an internal sata?
> - Does it support sata-2?
> - Does it "hot-plug" like a USB?

I use one ExpressCard eSATA II controller with a laptop under CentOS 5.
The controller requires reboot in order to be recognized (at least I don't
know a way to make it work any other way), but the disks are hot-pluggable
just like with USB. No idea how the speed compares to internal SATA.

Marko