Old 01-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Ruslan Sivak

Default svnserve with SASL on CentOS 5.2

Hello List.

I'm cross posting this from svn-users, as I'm not sure whether this is an CentOS specific issue. Perhaps someone here has an idea of what's going on?

-----------------------------

I got a fresh install of CentOS 5.2 x32, svnserve, version 1.5.5
(r34862), here is my svnserve.conf file

[general]
anon-access = none
auth-access = write
realm = isf
[sasl]
use-sasl = true
min-encryption = 128
max-encryption = 256

and here is my /etc/sasl2/svn.conf file

pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sasldb
sasldb_path: /svn/sassl
mech_list: DIGEST-MD5

On the client I am using TortoiseSVN 1.5.5
(TortoiseSVN 1.5.5, Build 14361 - 64 Bit , 2008/10/24 18:06:34
Subversion 1.5.4,
apr 1.2.12
apr-utils 1.2.12
berkeley db 4.4.20
neon 0.28.3
OpenSSL 0.9.8i 15 Sep 2008
zlib 1.2.3)

When connecting to this repository, I am getting "Error: Could not
obtain the list of SASL mechanisms".

I think I followed the instructions in the svn book :
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.serverconfig.svnserve.html#svn.serverconfig.sv nserve.sasl,
although the instructions are very sparse. I'm not quite sure hwo sasl
is supposed to know to use the svn.conf file to authenticate with
svnserve.

I am running svnserve from xinetd. Here is my /etc/xinetd.d/svnserve.conf
# default: on
# Subversion server

service svnserve
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
user = root
wait = no
disable = no
server = /usr/bin/svnserve
server_args = -i -r /svn
port = 3690
}

Not quite sure why this isn't working. Does anyone have any ideas?

Russ