Old 01-23-2009, 11:27 AM
"Thomas Dukes"

Default OT: Looking for a timer/counter script

Hello,

Was hoping someone could help me find a script for a website that increments
at a specified rate over a specified period of time, something similar to
the US National Debt site. I searched hotscripts but not really sure what
this type script would be called.

TIA

PS I looked at the code for the national debt script but I can't make head
or tails of it.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Rudi Ahlers

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Thomas Dukes <tdukes@sc.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Was hoping someone could help me find a script for a website that increments
> at a specified rate over a specified period of time, something similar to
> the US National Debt site. I searched hotscripts but not really sure what
> this type script would be called.
>
> TIA
>
> PS I looked at the code for the national debt script but I can't make head
> or tails of it.

Well, a simple time ticker would do. You should be able to set the
rate / time for the counter increments. Hotscripts.com, under PHP have
quite a few turorials for this kind of thing.

Look, for exampe, for a "countdown timer", and the modify the code a
bit to run forwards instead of backwards.
--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Old 01-23-2009, 02:33 PM

---- Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Thomas Dukes <tdukes@sc.rr.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Was hoping someone could help me find a script for a website that increments
> > at a specified rate over a specified period of time, something similar to
> > the US National Debt site. I searched hotscripts but not really sure what
> > this type script would be called.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > PS I looked at the code for the national debt script but I can't make head
> > or tails of it.

> Well, a simple time ticker would do. You should be able to set the
> rate / time for the counter increments. Hotscripts.com, under PHP have
> quite a few turorials for this kind of thing.
>
> Look, for exampe, for a "countdown timer", and the modify the code a
> bit to run forwards instead of backwards.
> --
>
> Kind Regards
> Rudi Ahlers

Thanks, will look again!