Old 01-23-2009, 11:26 AM
"MOKRANI Rachid"

Default start network installation with HP 8530w with Intel ethernet card

Title: start network installation with HP 8530w with Intel ethernet card

Hi,

I have an HP 8530w laptop. I need ti instal it under CentOS 5.2 x86_64 - kernel 2.6.18-92.

The network card is not recognized. I have add the driver e1000e-0.5.11.2 (dowload from Intel site).

After compiled and installed the driver, all work fine!

But I need to make a network installation and the Intel network card should be recognized before.

I found the following script on the net and try it.

wget http://my_web_server/CentOS/5.2/x86_64/images/diskboot.img

cp diskboot.img diskboot.orig.img

mkdir diskboot_mnt

mount -o loop diskboot.img diskboot_mnt

mkdir initrd_extracted

cd initrd_extracted

gunzip < ../diskboot_mnt/initrd.img | cpio -i --make-directories

cd ..

mkdir modules_extracted

cd modules_extracted

gunzip < ../initrd_extracted/modules/modules.cgz | cpio -i --make-directories

cd 2.6.18-92.el5/x86_64

rm e1000e.ko

wget http://my_web_server/e1000e.ko

# Now put humpty back together again

cd ../../

find . -print |cpio -o -Hnewc | gzip -c9 > ../modules.cgz

cd ..

cp -fp --no-preserve=all modules.cgz initrd_extracted/modules/

cd initrd_extracted

find . -print |cpio -o -Hnewc | gzip -c9 > ../initrd.img

cd ..

cp -fp initrd.img diskboot_mnt/

# cleanup

umount diskboot_mnt

rm -rf diskboot_mnt/ initrd_extracted/ initrd.img* modules.cgz modules_extracted/

mv diskboot.img diskboot.mod.img

dd if=diskboot.mod.img of=/dev/sdb

After trying to start on a USB key, the network card is not recognized again :-(

Something is missing ...

how to add this network driver for starting a network installation ?

Anybody do this before ?

Best Regards (and sorry for my poor english)

Ce message (et toutes ses pièces jointes éventuelles) est confidentiel et établi * l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme * sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation expresse. L'IFP décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message.

This message and any attachments (the message) are confidential and intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. IFP should not be liable for this message.

Visitez notre site Web / Visit our web site : http://www.ifp.fr