Old 01-23-2009, 09:06 AM
"Sorin Srbu"

Default where did all the nonfree rpms go? Nvidia? xine-lib-mp3?

Of
>Paul Johnson
>Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 7:04 AM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: [CentOS] where did all the nonfree rpms go? Nvidia? xine-lib-mp3?
>
>Then I noticed there is a new Nvidia proprietary driver on
>www.nvidia.org, and I can't find an rpm package for it, or for the
>previous 2 releases of the nvidia driver. The place to get those
>packages used to be rpm.livna.org, but that is now moved to rpmfusion,
>but on the rpmfusion site, the nonfree folders are empty.

Why don't you get your proprietary drivers from nvidia.com? Or do you need an
actual rpm-package? Anyway, you're bound to get newest stuff from Nvidia.com.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Rex Dieter

Paul Johnson wrote:

> I installed Centos on some machines that need long term support. I'm
> running up against some simple user convenience issues.
>
> How to play MP3?
>
> I've been really puzzled today that the addon rpm sites like livna,
> rpmforge, rpmfusion, epel, don't seem to have something like
> amarok-mp3 or xine-lib-mp3.

Fwiw, rpmfusion uses more "PC" naming now , with Obsoletes/Provides in
place, e.g., xine-lib-extras-freeworld

-- Rex