Old 12-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Jerry Geis

Default centos 5.1 vnc server

Any one using vnc server on centos 5.1?
on 4.6 I had no issue. on 5.1 I am having times when on connetion the
VNC serveris
crashing and logs me out of all my open'ed items. I can relog in. But I
was wondering

if others are seeing this and if there is something to do about it.

THanks,

Jerry

Old 12-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Frank Cox

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 18:13:21 -0500
Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com> wrote:

> Any one using vnc server on centos 5.1?

Yes. All the time.

> on 4.6 I had no issue. on 5.1 I am having times when on connetion the
> VNC serveris
> crashing and logs me out of all my open'ed items. I can relog in. But I
> was wondering
> if others are seeing this and if there is something to do about it.

Not a problem that I've seen here.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Jerry Geis wrote:

Any one using vnc server on centos 5.1?

FIrst time VNC user here. At least on Centos.
on 4.6 I had no issue. on 5.1 I am having times when on connetion the
VNC serveris
crashing and logs me out of all my open'ed items. I can relog in. But
I was wondering
if others are seeing this and if there is something to do about it.
Server is working just fine on 3 different servers. I have accessed them
with a Centos-based notebook and from my little LIbretto running DSL
4.2.1 with the JWM desktop.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Jerry Geis

Frank Cox wrote:

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 18:13:21 -0500
on 4.6 I had no issue. on 5.1 I am having times when on connetion the
VNC serveris
crashing and logs me out of all my open'ed items. I can relog in. But I
was wondering

if others are seeing this and if there is something to do about it.

Not a problem that I've seen here.

Only other thing is I am using the NVIDIA binary driver.
Does that make a difference?

Jerry

Old 12-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Frank Cox

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:23:33 -0500
Jerry Geis <geisj@MessageNetSystems.com> wrote:

> The only other item is I am using the NVIDIA binary driver are you?

Nope. I actively avoid anything other than Intel video. Perhaps that will
change after the ATI open-source thing has a change to develop a bit, but at
the moment I stay with Intel stuff.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:44 AM
Fajar Priyanto

On Thursday 27 December 2007 07:25:12 Jerry Geis wrote:
> Only other thing is I am using the NVIDIA binary driver.
> Does that make a difference?

Hello Jerry,
Yes I experience this too. Mine is Centos5.1 64bit with nvidia graphic card.
Only occasionally though, not always.

http://linux2.arinet.org
13:44:13 up 3:15, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.