Old 12-26-2007, 05:23 AM
Shawn Everett

Default OT? Creative Zen player not registering as a USB device

On Tuesday 25 December 2007, MHR wrote:
> I plugged my son's new (Christmas) Zen V player into my CentOS 5.1 box
> and it doesn't register as a device that the system can see or mount.
>
> If I lsusb, it shows up as bus 2, device 8, but there is no
> corresponding /dev/??? device for it, so the system can't get at it.
>
> (I tried my flash drive in the same USB port and it works fine, so it's
> not the hardware.)
>
> How do I get around this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> mhr

You might try installing and running gnomad.

I have a fairly old Creative Nomad Zen Extra and it works great when using
gnomad.

Shawn

Old 12-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Scott Silva

on 12/25/2007 7:19 PM MHR spake the following:
I plugged my son's new (Christmas) Zen V player into my CentOS 5.1 box
and it doesn't register as a device that the system can see or mount.

If I lsusb, it shows up as bus 2, device 8, but there is no
corresponding /dev/??? device for it, so the system can't get at it.

(I tried my flash drive in the same USB port and it works fine, so it's
not the hardware.)

How do I get around this?

Thanks.

mhr

Many Zen's have a proprietary driver, not just a usb storage device.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Old 12-27-2007, 12:15 AM
MHR

On Dec 25, 2007 10:23 PM, Shawn Everett <shawn@tandac.com> wrote:

> You might try installing and running gnomad.

Actually, I installed adn ran gnomad2 - it said there were no jukebox (zen) devices connected.

Thanks.

mhr