Old 12-26-2007, 02:19 AM
MHR

Default OT? Creative Zen player not registering as a USB device

I plugged my son's new (Christmas) Zen V player into my CentOS 5.1 box and it doesn't register as a device that the system can see or mount.

If I lsusb, it shows up as bus 2, device 8, but there is no corresponding /dev/??? device for it, so the system can't get at it.

(I tried my flash drive in the same USB port and it works fine, so it's not the hardware.)

How do I get around this?

Thanks.

mhr