Old 12-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default happy holidays

hi,

Just want to wish everyone a happy holiday season and a good new year
ahead.

Its been a great year for CentOS and for everyone involved with it
including the developers, supporters, contributors, editors, bug
reporters, everyone. You all know who you are. And I want to take this
opportunity to thank all of you for the time and efforts that you have
put into the project.

2008 will be bigger, better, noisier and even more fun!

Enjoy.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Jack Aboutboul

Hey All,

I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy holiday season. I've been
quiet the last few days since I've been on a vacation and self-imposed
computer ban (I'm cheating now) which continues until early January. I
hope to catch up on everything then, and continue to work with everyone
to plow full steam ahead on all the great stuff we've been planning and
doing....

Good Tidings and a Happy New Year,
Jack

Old 12-24-2010, 04:46 AM
NoOp

Happy Holidays to all on the list. Best wishes to all & your families.

Merry Christmas if you are Christian and/or just celebrate Chrismas.
Happy Hanuka/Chanuka/Hanukkah if you are Jewish
Happy Solstice if you are paegon
Happy Islamic New Year
etc., etc.

Happy Holidays to all regardless of what religion, belief, wherever you
may be, or whichever linux distro you use.

Gary Lee (NoOp)

Note to the folks that feel that I've yet to 'reach adulthood'
(Jousting? Really?) I'm happy to report that I have not. Wish all of you
the best and have a great time on this list as I'm signing off. Good
night, good luck with the list, and Happy Holidays.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Nathan Bahn

Happy Holidays to all on the list. Best wishes to all & your families.

Merry Christmas if you are Christian and/or just celebrate Chrismas.

Happy Hanuka/Chanuka/Hanukkah if you are Jewish

Happy Solstice if you are paegon

Happy Islamic New Year

etc., etc.

Happy Holidays to all regardless of what religion, belief, wherever you

may be, or whichever linux distro you use.

Gary Lee (NoOp)

Note to the folks that feel that I've yet to 'reach adulthood'

(Jousting? Really?) I'm happy to report that I have not. Wish all of you

the best and have a great time on this list as I'm signing off. Good

night, good luck with the list, and Happy Holidays.

G.L.--
And Happy Hollidays to you, kind Sir!
--N.B.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:40 AM
Colin Law

On 24 December 2010 05:46, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Happy Holidays to all on the list. Best wishes to all & your families.
>
> Merry Christmas if you are Christian and/or just celebrate Chrismas.
> Happy Hanuka/Chanuka/Hanukkah if you are Jewish
> Happy Solstice if you are paegon

Is that a mistype of pigeon or pagan?

Colin

Old 12-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Dotan Cohen

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 07:46, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Happy Hanuka/Chanuka/Hanukkah if you are Jewish
> Happy Islamic New Year

You're almost a month behind on these two, but your happiness is
shared here even belated! Thanks, Gary, have a safe and merry
Christmas! And to all other Ubuntheads, no matter what you celebrate
or when, be it happy, peaceful, and prosperous.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 12-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Basil Chupin

On 24/12/2010 19:40, Colin Law wrote:
> On 24 December 2010 05:46, NoOp<glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> Happy Holidays to all on the list. Best wishes to all& your families.
>>
>> Merry Christmas if you are Christian and/or just celebrate Chrismas.
>> Happy Hanuka/Chanuka/Hanukkah if you are Jewish
>> Happy Solstice if you are paegon
> Is that a mistype of pigeon or pagan?
>
> Colin

"Hanukkah" started on 1 December 2010 and is only an 8-day Jewish event.

So it's very well all over by now, today being 24 December, and nothing
to do with the Christian Christmas festive period.

The Winter/Summer Solstice was on the 22 December - 2 days ago.

As Judasim is not a Christian faith and as its adherents attend temples
(synagogues) and not Christian churches then the term 'pagan' appears to
be relevant.

BC

--
"Everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die."

Old 12-24-2010, 02:45 PM
AV3

On Dec/24/2010 12:4649 AM, NoOp wrote:
> Happy Holidays to all on the list. Best wishes to all& your families.
>
> Merry Christmas if you are Christian and/or just celebrate Chrismas.
> Happy Hanuka/Chanuka/Hanukkah if you are Jewish
> Happy Solstice if you are paegon
> Happy Islamic New Year
> etc., etc.
>
> Happy Holidays to all regardless of what religion, belief, wherever you
> may be, or whichever linux distro you use.
>
> Gary Lee (NoOp)
>
> Note to the folks that feel that I've yet to 'reach adulthood'
> (Jousting? Really?) I'm happy to report that I have not. Wish all of you
> the best and have a great time on this list as I'm signing off. Good
> night, good luck with the list, and Happy Holidays.

Reciprocating your good wishes and extending mine to all, I hope you
will reconsider leaving us without your help and advice. Thanks for all
you have done.

--
++====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====+====+=====+=== ==+=====+=====+====++
||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., <arvimideQ@Wearthlink.net> ||

Old 12-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Dotan Cohen

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 17:45, AV3 <arvimide@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Reciprocating your good wishes and extending mine to all, I hope you
> will reconsider leaving us without your help and advice. Thanks for all
> you have done.

What?!? Where was the exit() message? I don't see such a thing in the
fine archives, rather, I see NoOp posting.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 12-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 21:46 -0800, NoOp wrote:
> Happy Holidays to all on the list. Best wishes to all & your families.
>
> Merry Christmas if you are Christian and/or just celebrate Chrismas.
> Happy Hanuka/Chanuka/Hanukkah if you are Jewish
> Happy Solstice if you are paegon
> Happy Islamic New Year
> etc., etc.
>
> Happy Holidays to all regardless of what religion, belief, wherever you
> may be, or whichever linux distro you use.
>
> Gary Lee (NoOp)
>
> Note to the folks that feel that I've yet to 'reach adulthood'
> (Jousting? Really?) I'm happy to report that I have not. Wish all of you
> the best and have a great time on this list as I'm signing off. Good
> night, good luck with the list, and Happy Holidays.

"Stay thirsty my friend!" ...and young. Ric

Linux user# 44256