Old 12-24-2007, 04:35 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default Creating a local repo

>How about this wiki article?
>
>http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalRepos

So the ticket here is that the createrepo command has to be run each time files are added? That was my issue I suppose.

Thanks,
jlc

Old 12-24-2007, 04:45 AM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Dec 23, 2007 9:35 PM, Joseph L. Casale <jcasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> >How about this wiki article?
> >
> >http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalRepos
>
> So the ticket here is that the createrepo command has to be run each time files are added? That was my issue I suppose.

Yes. Whenever you add/delete/modify your rpm file(s), you must update
the metadata files by running createrepo.

Akemi

Old 04-24-2010, 11:00 AM
john maclean

rsync'ing ain't working for me. Is this the right syntax?

rsync -avrt rsync://mirror.ovh.net/centos/5.4/updates/i386
--exclude=debug/ updates/

rsync: getaddrinfo: mirror.ovh.net 873: Temporary failure in name resolution
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(107)
[receiver=2.6.8]

--
John Maclean
07739 171 531

Enterprise Linux Systems Engineer

Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>rsync'ing ain't working for me. Is this the right syntax?
>
>rsync -avrt rsync://mirror.ovh.net/centos/5.4/updates/i386
>--exclude=debug/ updates/
>
>rsync: getaddrinfo: mirror.ovh.net 873: Temporary failure in name resolution
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Your dns isn't working for you

But,
rsync rsync://mirror.ovh.net
ftp.apache.org
CPAN
ftp.kernel.org
ftp.mysql.com
ftp.postfix.org
ftp.qmail.org
ftp.xfree86.org
gentoo-distfiles
gentoo-portage
debian
debian-non-US
ubuntu
ftp.centos.org
download.fedora.redhat.com
opensuse
ftp.slackware.com

Your path is wrong anyway...

rsync -avrt --exclude=debug/ rsync://mirror.ovh.net/ftp.centos.org/5/updates/ updates/

Old 04-25-2010, 11:27 AM
john maclean

> Your dns isn't working for you
>
> rsync -avrt --exclude=debug/ rsync://mirror.ovh.net/ftp.centos.org/5/updates/ updates/

Solved. Wrong syntax and a firewall in the way.

Thanks.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Anne Wilson

On Sunday 25 April 2010 12:27:20 john maclean wrote:
> > Your dns isn't working for you
> >
> > rsync -avrt --exclude=debug/
> > rsync://mirror.ovh.net/ftp.centos.org/5/updates/ updates/
>
> Solved. Wrong syntax and a firewall in the way.

More details would help anyone searching the archives :-)

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group