4.6 upgrade, vbulletin,jelsoft,forum,bbs,discussion,bulletin board" /> 4.6 upgrade CentOS" /> yum error "AttributeError: LOCATION_BASE" after 4.5 -> 4.6 upgrade - Linux Archive

Old 12-23-2007, 05:36 AM
Joe Klemmer

Default yum error "AttributeError: LOCATION_BASE" after 4.5 -> 4.6 upgrade

Hello all,

I am having a problem running yum after doing the 4.6 upgrade. I did
a live update through yum and no problems were encountered. However, now
when I try to run yum (with any commands/options) I get this error right
after loading/reading the repo's -

eading repository metadata in from local files
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/yum", line 29, in ?
yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 102, in main
result, resultmsgs = do()
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 489, in doCommands
ypl = self.returnPkgLists()
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 1085, in returnPkgLists
ypl = self.doPackageLists(pkgnarrow=pkgnarrow)
File "__init__.py", line 993, in doPackageLists
File "packageSack.py", line 148, in searchNevra
File "packageSack.py", line 236, in _computeAggregateListResult
File "sqlitesack.py", line 514, in searchNevra
File "sqlitesack.py", line 403, in db2class
File
"/var/tmp/python-sqlite-root//usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sqlite/main.py",
line 97, in __getattr__

AttributeError: LOCATION_BASE

Running "yum clean all" seems to work but the error does not go away.

I know less than nothing about python so that doesn't help. I also
did a search through the list archives and on Google but couldn't come up
with anything (OC, I may not have been asking the right questions). The
server has a bad optical drive so I can't boot into the rescue CD (yet,
I've got a replacement coming). Whenever it gets here I'll be updating to
5.1 but in the mean time there's some security fixes that have come down
the pipe which I can't update to due to yum being petulant.

If anyone can shed some light on this or point me in the right
direction to get this fixed it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Joe

--
Using Linux since 11/91 | http://www.linux.org