Old 12-23-2007, 02:01 AM
Robert Moskowitz

Default Update repo rsync but no new repodata?

I just did a manual resync of my local update repo from
mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5.1/updates/i386/

I got a new version of Thunderbird, but not a new set of files in the
repodata directory. Thus when I did a yum update against my local
repo, I did not get the new version of Thunderbird.

I will note that the files on my local repo are dated Dec 20th and the
ones on mirrors are dated Dec 21st. The command I am using is:

#!/bin/sh
rsync -auv rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5.1/updates/i386/
--delete --exclude=debug/ /repos/centos/5.1/updates/i386

Oh, and the old version of Thunderbird was not deleted....

Old 12-23-2007, 02:59 AM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Dec 22, 2007 7:01 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@htt-consult.com> wrote:
> I just did a manual resync of my local update repo from
> mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5.1/updates/i386/
>
> I got a new version of Thunderbird, but not a new set of files in the
> repodata directory. Thus when I did a yum update against my local
> repo, I did not get the new version of Thunderbird.

I confirm this. The metadata files remained the same when a new
thunderbird file was added to the RPMS directory earlier today.

> I will note that the files on my local repo are dated Dec 20th and the
> ones on mirrors are dated Dec 21st. The command I am using is:

This has to do with the timezone. You are seeing the UTC on the mirror.

Akemi

Old 12-23-2007, 02:22 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Dec 22, 2007 7:59 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 22, 2007 7:01 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@htt-consult.com> wrote:
> > I just did a manual resync of my local update repo from
> > mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5.1/updates/i386/
> >
> > I got a new version of Thunderbird, but not a new set of files in the
> > repodata directory. Thus when I did a yum update against my local
> > repo, I did not get the new version of Thunderbird.
>
> I confirm this. The metadata files remained the same when a new
> thunderbird file was added to the RPMS directory earlier today.

The files have just been updated on mirrors including kernel.org. I
was able to update my local repo from there. yum update should find
the new thunderbird now.

Akemi