-   -   CentOS on laptops - TuxBox? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/21569-centos-laptops-tuxbox.html)

"Bart Schaefer" 12-22-2007 06:36 PM

CentOS on laptops - TuxBox?

RedHat magazine this month has an article about the TuxBox M750:
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/12/06/hardware-review-tuxbox-computers-sportcoat-m750-laptop/

Has anyone bought one of these? I'm particularly interested in
estimated battery life, which that review doesn't mention. The M750
is comparable in most other ways to an HP that I was about to buy, but
the HP's battery life is supposedly unusually good (5+ hours).

"Bart Schaefer" 12-28-2007 04:07 AM

CentOS on laptops - TuxBox?

On Dec 22, 2007 11:36 AM, Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer@gmail.com> wrote:
> RedHat magazine this month has an article about the TuxBox M750 ...
> I'm particularly interested in estimated battery life ...

In case anyone is interested, I heard back from toxboxcomputers
support that the battery in the M750 is a 6-cell Lithium Ion 4400mAh,
which is similar if not identical to the battery in the Compaq 6710b.
Obviously that's not the only thing that determines charge life, but
at least its a basis for comparison.