Old 12-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Tom Laramee

Default Debug symbols for CentOS server

is there a repository of build symbols for the various packages i have
installed on my CentOS 5 server?

here's a use case

- i'm developing an apache/httpd plugin module
- it's not loading properly
- i want to run apache in single-process mode (httpd -X), attach gdb
to it,

set a break point just before my module is loaded, and step through
the code to find out why my module is not being loaded properly.

ideally, i could do something like so:

yum install httpd-symbols

(same question for any/all packages on my server, not just httpd).

thanks
--tom

Old 12-22-2007, 05:17 AM
"Jon Stanley"

On Dec 21, 2007 6:35 PM, Tom Laramee <laramee@pobox.com> wrote:

> yum install httpd-symbols

Well, once you enable or create (forget which) the debuginfo repo
that's available at http://vault.centos.org, then you can do a 'yum
install httpd-debuginfo'

Old 12-24-2007, 05:20 AM
Tom Laramee

that's what i'm looking for ... only problem is, it doesn't look like
any of

the other repositories i've seen (in terms of filesystem structure), so
when i add the following to my /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo file:

[debuginfo]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Debuginfo
mirrorlist=http://vault.centos.org/debuginfo/$releasever/$basearch
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

... and then do a "yum list" command, yum does go out to retrieve
the contents of that repo, but it pukes on the input because it's
not what yum is expecting (it says it's unparsable).

other repos i've seen have 3 top-level directories:
RPMS/
headers/
repodata/

.... and this one doesn't have the same filesystem structure, it just
has a top-level directory with all of the packages in it.

so long story short: how do i enable this repo in yum, given it
doesn't look like it follows the standard repository structure?

thanks for any/all help.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:49 AM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Dec 23, 2007 10:20 PM, Tom Laramee <laramee@pobox.com> wrote:

> that's what i'm looking for ... only problem is, it doesn't look like
> any of
> the other repositories i've seen (in terms of filesystem structure), so
> when i add the following to my /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo file:
>
> [debuginfo]
> name=CentOS-$releasever - Debuginfo
> mirrorlist=http://vault.centos.org/debuginfo/$releasever/$basearch
> gpgcheck=0
> enabled=1
>
> ... and then do a "yum list" command, yum does go out to retrieve
> the contents of that repo, but it pukes on the input because it's
> not what yum is expecting (it says it's unparsable).
>
> other repos i've seen have 3 top-level directories:
> RPMS/
> headers/
> repodata/
>
> .... and this one doesn't have the same filesystem structure, it just
> has a top-level directory with all of the packages in it.
>
> so long story short: how do i enable this repo in yum, given it
> doesn't look like it follows the standard repository structure?

It would work; change the mirrorlist to baseurl. The only thing is
that the metadata (repodata files) are not up-to-date at this moment,
so newer rpms may not be found by yum. If you do not need to pull
many debuginfo files, you can just manually download them.

Akemi