FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-09-2008, 12:03 PM
chloe K
 
Default rrdtool rpm and yum question

Hi * How can I install rrdtool rpm? lt seems that this is only available in fedora * How can I know what is this execution file eg: system-config-network*coming from which rpm? * Thank you *


Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!___________________________________________ ____
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Kai Schaetzl
 
Default rrdtool rpm and yum question

Chloe K wrote on Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:03:12 -0500 (EST):

> How can I install rrdtool rpm? lt seems that this is only available in fedora

rpmforge

>
> How can I know what is this execution file eg: system-config-network coming from which rpm?

yum whatprovides

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
Get your web at Conactive Internet Services: http://www.conactive.com



_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2008, 12:45 PM
chloe K
 
Default rrdtool rpm and yum question

1/ ls it rpmforge.net? I can't find it! * 2/ I know "yum install package" but how can I know the binary eg: set up coming from what package name? * Thank you

Kai Schaetzl <maillists@conactive.com> wrote: Chloe K wrote on Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:03:12 -0500 (EST):

> How can I install rrdtool rpm? lt seems that this is only available in fedora

rpmforge
* * *
>
> How can I know what is this execution file eg: system-config-network coming from which rpm?

yum whatprovides

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
Get your web at Conactive Internet Services:
http://www.conactive.com



_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos



Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA______________________________________________ _
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Ralph Angenendt
 
Default rrdtool rpm and yum question

chloe K wrote:
> 1/ ls it rpmforge.net? I can't find it!

<http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories>

> 2/ I know "yum install package"
> but how can I know the binary eg: set up coming from what package name?

How about reading the manual page then? Kai already gave you the command
so now you can go and read what that command does?

Ralph
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Phil Schaffner
 
Default rrdtool rpm and yum question

chloe K wrote:
> Hi
>
> How can I install rrdtool rpm? lt seems that this is only available in
> fedora

Chloe,

As Kai Schaetzl said, rpmforge. For help on configuring that repo see:

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge

> How can I know what is this execution file eg:
> system-config-network coming from which rpm?

Perhaps this is what you're looking for:

# which system-config-network
/usr/sbin/system-config-network
# rpm -qf /usr/sbin/system-config-network
system-config-network-tui-1.3.99.10-2.el5

Or as a one-liner:
# rpm -qf $(which system-config-network)

> Thank you

HTH

Phil
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2008, 05:29 PM
chloe K
 
Default rrdtool rpm and yum question

Very nice info * But I don't have this binary file "system-config-network" on the system, I only know this file name.*the*command which can't be*applied* * how can I know what the package name I install ? * yum install packagename * Thank you again * * ===============================
Perhaps this is what you're looking for:

# which system-config-network
/usr/sbin/system-config-network
# rpm -qf /usr/sbin/system-config-network
system-config-network-tui-1.3.99.10-2.el5

Or as a one-liner:
# rpm -qf $(which system-config-network)

> Thank you

HTH

Phil
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing
list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos






Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger_________________________________________ ______
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2008, 06:20 PM
"nate"
 
Default rrdtool rpm and yum question

chloe K wrote:
> Very nice info
>
> But I don't have this binary file "system-config-network" on the system, I
> only know this file name. the command which can't be applied
>
> how can I know what the package name I install ?

I believe your looking for 'yum provides system-config-network'.

Though none of my centos systems have access to working repositories
so I can't test it, according to the man page it should work.

nate

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2008, 06:50 PM
chloe K
 
Default rrdtool rpm and yum question

Thank you * But I am trying to the locate command * but it can't find the package*"mlocate" * yum provides locate
No Matches found

nate <centos@linuxpowered.net> wrote: chloe K wrote:
> Very nice info
>
> But I don't have this binary file "system-config-network" on the system, I
> only know this file name. the command which can't be applied
>
> how can I know what the package name I install ?

I believe your looking for 'yum provides system-config-network'.

Though none of my centos systems have access to working repositories
so I can't test it, according to the man page it should work.

nate

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing
list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos



Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail _______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Kai Schaetzl
 
Default rrdtool rpm and yum question

Chloe K wrote on Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:29:11 -0500 (EST):

> how can I know what the package name I install ?

he just showed you:

system-config-network-tui-1.3.99.10-2.el5


Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
Get your web at Conactive Internet Services: http://www.conactive.com



_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Kai Schaetzl
 
Default rrdtool rpm and yum question

Nate wrote on Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:20:37 -0800 (PST):

> I believe your looking for 'yum provides system-config-network'.

provides is doing the same as whatprovides. However, there are quite
different results whether you just search for the name or for the complete
path:

yum whatprovides system-config-network
system-config-network.noarch : The GUI of the NEtwork Adminstration Tool

yum whatprovides /usr/sbin/system-config-network
system-config-network-tui.noarch : The NEtwork Adminstration Tool

no. 1 depends on no. 2.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
Get your web at Conactive Internet Services: http://www.conactive.com



_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:50 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org