Old 11-22-2008, 05:22 PM
"William L. Maltby"

Default kbs-CentOS-Testing gnucash: status for CentOS 5?

I decided I would like to try GnuCash on my 5.x desktop system. I did an
available list and got this

gnucash.i386 2.2.4-1.el5.kb kbs-CentOS-Testi
gnucash-docs.noarch 2.2.0-2.el5.kb kbs-CentOS-Testi

Did a

yum --enablerepo=kbs-CentOS-Testing install gnucash*

That produced

Package gnucash-docs-2.2.0-2.el5.kb.noarch.rpm is not signed

I figured I had forgot to install the gpg key, so I did that. Well, now
I have to instances of that key. When I try to remove one copy,

# rpm -e gpg-pubkey-3e13cf5b-422eea1c
error: "gpg-pubkey-3e13cf5b-422eea1c" specifies multiple packages

I tried removing the /var/lib/rpm/__* and rebuild, but no help. Still
have two instances of the key. Any way to clean that without a remove and
reinstall of all the keys?

Anyway, a search of the archives has an entry indicating that gnucash
was available for CentOS 4.x, but nada about 5. Am I too early on this?

Anyhoo, figuring that docs could be addressed later, I then foolishly
(need more coffee?) did

yum --enablerepo=kbs-CentOS-Testing install --exclude=gnucash-docs
gnucash

which, of course produced

Error: Missing Dependency: gnucash-docs >= 2.2.0 is needed by package
gnucash-2.2.4-1.el5.kb.i386 (kbs-CentOS-Testing)

Undaunted, I figured to download via yum and force installation with
nodeps (hmm, yum --downloadonly didn't work. Nothing in the docs about
that though. Did

yumdownloader --enablerepo=kbs-CentOS-Testing gnucash-docs

and that worked)

Then

rpm --install --nodeps gnucash-docs-2.2.0-2.el5.kb.noarch.rpm

worked, but gave

I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd

The docs were installed though AFAICT. ISTR seeing stuff similar to this
with other packages in the dim past. Don't recall any solutions though.

I wonder if there's a way to suppress that activity. I don't
particularly care for packages that require on-line references for local
and potentially sensitive work. I'm thinking there might be a
configuration file I could modify because I see some similar files
already on the system. I'll pursue that later if I get gnucash
installed.

Back to the primary task, did

yum --enablerepo=kbs-CentOS-Testing install gnucash

That produced

Package gwenhywfar-2.6.2-2.el5.kb.i386.rpm is not signed

At that point I felt maybe I was a bit premature as I had already
confirmed that I had the gpg key installed.

Any words of wisdom for me? If I don't need to worry about the signing
issues, I guess I could download and install all with --nodeps. Good/bad
idea? Anything I might do to help the process along? I've not done any
rpm work, so it might take awhile if there is anything too technical.

I'm going to fire up my 4.x and see if it works there. I can muddle
through there, with a small amount of inconvenience. But that might be
worth it.

Before I forget, thanks to you and all the crew for the hard work that
benefits us all.

TIA
--
Bill

Old 11-22-2008, 07:17 PM
R P Herrold

I figured I had forgot to install the gpg key, so I did that. Well, now
I have to instances of that key. When I try to remove one copy,

# rpm -e gpg-pubkey-3e13cf5b-422eea1c
error: "gpg-pubkey-3e13cf5b-422eea1c" specifies multiple packages

add the --allmatches option to the rpm -e

and it will work as you wish to elide that key

-- Russ herrold

Old 11-22-2008, 09:23 PM
"William L. Maltby"

On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 15:17 -0500, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2008, William L. Maltby wrote:
>
> > I figured I had forgot to install the gpg key, so I did that. Well, now
> > I have to instances of that key. When I try to remove one copy,
> >
> > # rpm -e gpg-pubkey-3e13cf5b-422eea1c
> > error: "gpg-pubkey-3e13cf5b-422eea1c" specifies multiple packages
>
> add the --allmatches option to the rpm -e

Thanks! In the rpm man page I had searched for "ignore" and "error" and
a few other things I could think of to try and get around it. <*sigh*> I
guess someday I'll have to actually read the _whole_thing_ so that my
(used-to-be?) excellent memory for the generalities can save me.

> and it will work as you wish to elide that key
>
> -- Russ herrold
> <snip sig stuff>

BTW, in case KB is looking, the install on 4.x went just fine and I'm
now reading the tutorial (the _whole_thing_ 8=O )

Thanks again, Russ

--
Bill