Old 12-14-2007, 08:00 PM
"William L. Maltby"

Default file or website upload scripts / programs and security protection

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 09:51 -0800, Robert - elists wrote:
> Holiday Greetings!
>
> Ummmmm scenario is centos 4.5 standard apache webserver
>
> I have a client that is really struggling with website file upload concepts.
>
> Ive been googling for some scripts or other programs that allow uploading of
> files to proper directory(ies) after authentication
>
> I am definitely concerned about security issues of course.
>
> I have never implemented this before because everyone I have ever given a
> web address, a login, a password, and directory structure understood what
> was going on.... till now...
>
> Would someone consider and please share url's or other info about what
> solutions they have implemented for the website upload technically
> challenged?
>
> We do not mind paying if we need to get something that also helps create
> excellent yet basic websites on the fly too.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - rh
> <snip sig stuff>

I'm absolutely brand new at that but successfully put this

http://home.triad.rr.com/wildbill/

up in just a couple hours, using NVU. It seems that the author has moved
on to Composer, but there are RPMs for us (I'm on a fully updated CentOS
4.x AMD Athalon box).

It seems very user friendly and is a fairly complete "suite" that
includes WYSIWYG (and raw) editing and has a "Publish" function that
only requires you to enter the source/destination URLs (URIs?).

The start of reading up all you might is here

http://www.nvudev.org/

and reasonable docs are here

http://www.nvudev.org/guide/pdf/nvuug10r1.pdf

and the rpm for us is here (it's wrapped)

http://www.nvudev.org/download/linux/1.0/nvu-1.0-
RedHat_and_Fedora/nvu-1.0-1.rhel4.fs.i386.rpm

I hope this is useful.

--
Bill

Old 12-14-2007, 08:07 PM
"William L. Maltby"

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 16:00 -0500, William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 09:51 -0800, Robert - elists wrote:
> ><snip>

P.S. Possibly of more interest:

http://www.nvu.com/

HTH
--
Bill

Old 12-14-2007, 09:32 PM
"William L. Maltby"

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 16:07 -0500, William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 16:00 -0500, William L. Maltby wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 09:51 -0800, Robert - elists wrote:
> > ><snip>
>
> P.S. Possibly of more interest:
>
> http://www.nvu.com/
>
> HTH

P.P.S A little helpful tutorial, related directly to NVU but also
helpful for general information is here.

http://www.thesitewizard.com/gettingstarted/nvu1.shtml

--
Bill