Old 11-21-2008, 08:39 AM
"Indunil Jayasooriya"

Default Printing to Windows’s share printer - epson lq 2090

Hi,

There is a Printer connected to Windows XP Pc and shared it. (its name
is epson lq 2090)

Now, I want print from a CentOS 4 box. by using printconf command,
Added the printer to Centos box. But, I could Not take print out.
Anyway. When I printed a test page, Printer worked, Paper also came
out. But, Paper is BLANK.

Then, I followed below URL as well

http://infected.wordpress.com/

But, Still NO LUCK.

YOUR IDEAS R EXPECTED

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya

Old 11-21-2008, 12:45 PM
"Marcelo M. Garcia"

Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:

Hi,

There is a Printer connected to Windows XP Pc and shared it. (its name
is epson lq 2090)

Now, I want print from a CentOS 4 box. by using printconf command,
Added the printer to Centos box. But, I could Not take print out.
Anyway. When I printed a test page, Printer worked, Paper also came
out. But, Paper is BLANK.

Then, I followed below URL as well

http://infected.wordpress.com/

But, Still NO LUCK.

I think you have to configure SAMBA in your CentOS box. Is the firewall
enabled?

Regards

Marcelo

Old 11-24-2008, 01:52 AM
"Indunil Jayasooriya"

> I think you have to configure SAMBA in your CentOS box. Is the firewall
> enabled?

I have configured samba as follows.

/etc/samba/smb.conf (the [printers] section) by uncomment the following line)

public = yes

service smb restart

And , No firewall is running.

--