Old 11-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default Can't start pand -- is the problem in /etc/rc.d/init.d/pand?

I have been stepping into pand. There is nothing I can find on this
list about getting pand working. There are some instructions on
wifi.bluez.org that seem to be redhatish, but....

I have edited /etc/sysconfig/pand:

PANDARGS='--listen --role GN --master'

I have created a /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bnep0:

DEVICE=bnep0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=no
IPADDR=192.168.201.101
NETMASK=255.255.255.0

I run: service pand start

nothing happens.

I look at: /etc/rc.d/init.d/pand and see:

[ -x /etc/bluetooth/pan/system-up ] && /etc/bluetooth/pan/system-up

huh? My system does not have an /etc/bluetooth/pan directory. there is a

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-bnep

what am I missing here?

Old 11-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
I have been stepping into pand. There is nothing I can find on this
list about getting pand working. There are some instructions on
wifi.bluez.org that seem to be redhatish, but....

I have edited /etc/sysconfig/pand:

PANDARGS='--listen --role GN --master'

I have created a /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bnep0:

DEVICE=bnep0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=no
IPADDR=192.168.201.101
NETMASK=255.255.255.0

I run: service pand start

nothing happens.

I look at: /etc/rc.d/init.d/pand and see:

[ -x /etc/bluetooth/pan/system-up ] &&
/etc/bluetooth/pan/system-up

huh? My system does not have an /etc/bluetooth/pan directory. there
is a

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-bnep

what am I missing here?

So I decided to create an /etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up file as I found at:
http://ph.ubuntuforums.com/showthread.php?t=598890

#!/bin/bash
ifup bnep0

Still nothing. pand is not starting and there are no messages in
/var/log/messages