Old 12-14-2007, 06:10 PM
"Krautkramer, John"

Default Ethernet over USB

Hi,

*

Is it true you can run Ethernet over USB between 2 machines?

*

I have 2 machines running CentOS 5.0 and a simple type A male
to A male cable. I don’t see in the network setup gui how to set it up.
Is there a particular device I should select? What I see relating to USB is:

*

* KL4USB101 USB Ethernet driver

* Pegasus/Pegasus II USB Ethernet driver

* USB CDC Ethernet driver

*

These appear to be some kind of hardware other than a cable.

*

lsmod gives me “usbnet*** 20041 0”
so I believe this means the kernel module is there.

*

Any ideas?

*

Thanks,