Old 12-14-2007, 04:51 PM
"Robert - elists"

Default file or website upload scripts / programs and security protection

Holiday Greetings!

Ummmmm scenario is centos 4.5 standard apache webserver

I have a client that is really struggling with website file upload concepts.

Ive been googling for some scripts or other programs that allow uploading of
files to proper directory(ies) after authentication

I am definitely concerned about security issues of course.

I have never implemented this before because everyone I have ever given a
web address, a login, a password, and directory structure understood what
was going on.... till now...

Would someone consider and please share url's or other info about what
solutions they have implemented for the website upload technically
challenged?

We do not mind paying if we need to get something that also helps create
excellent yet basic websites on the fly too.

Thanks!

- rh

Old 12-14-2007, 08:17 PM
"Jim Perrin"

On Dec 14, 2007 12:51 PM, Robert - elists <lists07@abbacomm.net> wrote:
> Holiday Greetings!
>
> Ummmmm scenario is centos 4.5 standard apache webserver
>
> I have a client that is really struggling with website file upload concepts.
>
> Ive been googling for some scripts or other programs that allow uploading of
> files to proper directory(ies) after authentication
>
> I am definitely concerned about security issues of course.
>
> I have never implemented this before because everyone I have ever given a
> web address, a login, a password, and directory structure understood what
> was going on.... till now...
>
> Would someone consider and please share url's or other info about what
> solutions they have implemented for the website upload technically
> challenged?
>
> We do not mind paying if we need to get something that also helps create
> excellent yet basic websites on the fly too.
>
> Thanks!

Rather than open up directories, you might want to have a look at
typolight.org, or typo3.org. They have some decent stuff which allows
just about anyone of any skillset to create a web page. Those are by
no means the only options, and you may want to have a look at
http://www.opensourcecms.com/

They have a number of options there which you can 'try before you buy'.

George Orwell