Old 11-20-2008, 05:13 AM
"David G. Miller"

Default CentOS/RHEL, PHP and zip archives

I'm trying to get bulk photo uploads working with a Drupal web site.
The person who coded the Drupal photos module I'm using decided to use a
zip archive as a means of batching together a collection of picture
files for a bulk upload. Apache is reporting the following PHP error
when the bulk upload feature is used:

[Sun Nov 16 22:05:38 2008] [error] [client 192.168.0.192] PHP Fatal
error: Class 'ZipArchive'
not found in
/var/www/fraud/html/davesBlog/sites/all/modules/photos/photos.module on
line 1375,

referer: http://davenjudy.org/davesBlog/node/39/photos

The PHP code at line 1375 in photos.module is an unremarkable
instantiation of the zip archive handling object. Some Google searches
indicate that zip archive handling is a compile time option of PHP and
lack of it would cause this error. Running php -i tells me that the
CentOS/RHEL PHP was not built with the --enable-zip configuration option.

Does anyone know of a way to get PHP to correctly handle zip archives
short of rebuilding my PHP installation from the source RPM with
--enable-zip as a configuration option?

Thanks,
Dave Miller

-- Ambrose Bierce