Old 11-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Jamie Wilch

Default kmod-kvm

I use qemu-kvm on a Centos 5.2 server to run Windows XP virtually.
Usually a new kmod-kvm packages is released shortly after a kernel
update, and yum updates them both very nicely. However, two new kernel
updates have been released now without a kmod-kvm update. Does anyone
know if this package is still being supported?

Thanks
Jamie

Old 11-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Phil Schaffner

Jamie Wilch wrote:

I use qemu-kvm on a Centos 5.2 server to run Windows XP virtually.
Usually a new kmod-kvm packages is released shortly after a kernel
update, and yum updates them both very nicely. However, two new kernel
updates have been released now without a kmod-kvm update. Does anyone
know if this package is still being supported?

Jamie,

You may want to check the centos-vert list archives, and/or ask there.

From this recent thread

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-virt/2008-November/000724.html

it seems kvm support is currently problematic.

Perhaps have a look at the free (as in beer) VMware Server -
works-for-me (but have yet to upgrade to the new 2.0 release).

http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/server_pubs.html

Phil