Old 11-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Vandaman

Default New installation woes

Steve Huff wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Vandaman wrote:
>
> > What is the bug? It does not appear in the site you
> linked to.
> > It would be surprising if Red Hat are unaware of
> upstream changes
> > as one would expect it to be rolled out into Fedora
> rawhide at least
> > even if the changes are backported int RHEL.
>

> we went over this last month:
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/065972.html
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/066185.html
>
> and also on the rpmforge users list:
>
> http://lists.rpmforge.net/pipermail/users/2008-October/001973.html
>
> you were on the CentOS list then, i'm surprised you
> don't remember. please search the archives before
> posting; what you said has nothing to do with the issue.

Seems a little impertinent what our learned friend Steve Huff
has sent to me off-list in a huff :-

- I was subscribed for a few days last month.
- Many of us don't do "just CentOS". We have other mailing lists
and OS's installed. We also happen to have lives as well to live.
- Even this month when I'm subscribed fulltime to the list,
I don't read all messages on the list (nuff' said).
- What is posted on the list is "not Gospel". If something
affects all CentOS users, perhaps a prominent announcement
could be made on the website or somewhere.
- I'm sure there are issues other than the Debian Openssl
bug that affect all CentOS users.

Regards,
Vandaman.