Old 12-14-2007, 10:45 AM
"Christian Volker"

Default Vmware Server on Centos 5.1

Yohoo!
>Has any one done that yet, upgraded his vmware hosts with Centos/RHEL
>5.0 to 5.1 ?

I'm running VMware Server 1.0.4 on CentOS5. My yum is updating weekly so
meanwhile I have a 5.1. Still working fine.

Of course, when you reboot you have to recompile the VMware modules (just
start vmware-config.pl) after the reboot before the VMware Server will start.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Christian Volker
Technical Support Engineer

Old 12-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Fabian Arrotin

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 12:28 +0100, matthias platzer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running some Centos 5.0 x86_64 servers as host os for vmware server
> 1.0.3 on both Opteron and Xeon systems. They are all running fine and
> stable. But now I am in doubt to upgrade to 5.1.
>
> Has any one done that yet, upgraded his vmware hosts with Centos/RHEL
> 5.0 to 5.1 ?

I've recently installed vmware-server 1.0.4 on a fresh CentOS 5.1 x86_64
and everything runs fine up to now ... You still have to compile vmmon
and vmnet modules from the vmware-config.pl script but that's normal.
Notice also that vmware server 2.0 (in beta now) supports RHEL5/CentOS
5.x out of the box.

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin@arrfab.net>
Solution ?

Old 12-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Alfredo Perez

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 12:28:31PM +0100, matthias platzer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running some Centos 5.0 x86_64 servers as host os for vmware server
> 1.0.3 on both Opteron and Xeon systems. They are all running fine and
> stable. But now I am in doubt to upgrade to 5.1.
>
> Has any one done that yet, upgraded his vmware hosts with Centos/RHEL
> 5.0 to 5.1 ?
>
> tia + best regards,
> matthias
Yes, I have the same experince here. I update my centos server to 5.1
and when I run vmware, it game an error with a message that I should
run the setup program.

I ran it and after that I was able to run vmware again.

Regards

Alfredo
The Sauce

Old 12-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Toby Bluhm

Alfredo Perez wrote:

Regards

Alfredo
The Sauce

Your sig brought a smile to my face. Thanks - I needed it.

--
Toby Bluhm
Midwest Instruments Inc.