Old 11-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Anne Wilson

Default NTP problems

My server is supposed to be using ntp, with nothing changed from the defaults
set up by CentOS5. However, daily I see log entries like

Total synchronizations 2 (hosts: 2)

**Unmatched Entries**
sendto(193.6.222.20) (fd=21): Invalid argument: 1 time(s)
sendto(141.89.226.2) (fd=21): Invalid argument: 1 time(s)

Does this mean that ntp is failing? I assume so, and if so, how do I change
the sources to something that will work?

Anne